Forums

Help › Forums

Chat Feature - “Poor Loser”

Sat, Sep 28 2019 10:31 AM (6 replies)
  • QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 5:46 AM

So where does it say chatting during a match is required and proper etiquette?

I play primarily single hole matches in the coin rooms.  Now and then I will chat, sharing the normal NS, NP, GG comments.  Today I played 4 matches, winning my first 3 and not a word was spoken.  Then I play my 4th and lose to a Legend who birdies, and ends with a nice little chat of “poor loser.”

Really!?  Unfortunately he didn’t hang around long enough to see my response - which perhaps is a good thing.  

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 11:02 AM

Some people chat, some don't.  I like to shoot the s$Ht while playing but don't get upset if I join a random group of players I don't know and they don't say much.

I wouldn't worry about it.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 11:07 AM

Since the chances of meeting someone irl that you had the fortunate (or unfortunate) opportunity to play on WGT are rather slim, I would say that chatting or taking insults to heart are not necessary. There are always crappy people out there that don't have a clue about personal relations or etiquette.

• QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 7:45 PM

That’s very true.  Trust me I don’t take to heart or worry about it.  I just found that comment so odd, as I’ve never expected any one to chat “GG” to me every time I win a match.  I’ve experienced a few flat out nasty people while playing, but vast majority are cool.  

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 4:23 PM

QuotaRelief:

So where does it say chatting during a match is required and proper etiquette?

I play primarily single hole matches in the coin rooms.  Now and then I will chat, sharing the normal NS, NP, GG comments.  Today I played 4 matches, winning my first 3 and not a word was spoken.  Then I play my 4th and lose to a Legend who birdies, and ends with a nice little chat of “poor loser.”

Really!?  Unfortunately he didn’t hang around long enough to see my response - which perhaps is a good thing.  

I'm like you, sometimes I chat a little, sometimes not.  Doesn't really matter.  Had one run in during a match where the opponent was getting all pissy because I think I took too long to hit one single shot in a 3 hole match (as I was attempting to play while also entertaining a toddler).  I was like WTF so told them I had a hard time concentrating because of all the cocaine I snorted and then they just totally lost it and told me I was going to hell and should be in jail and any number of other things.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't even win the match because I couldn't concentrate.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 9:22 AM

DanL24:
      I was like WTF so told them I had a hard time concentrating because of all the cocaine I snorted and then they just totally lost it and told me I was going to hell and should be in jail and any number of other things.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't even win the match because I couldn't concentrate.

LOL, thats just funny. In an AS game I fumbled my calcs on a par 3 tee shot and took much longer than usual.  One of our opponents commented  "Why is he so slow?" I dinged the shot and put it about 2 feet from the hole.  My partner answered, "That's why!"

It's a game, you got to have fun.

DJ7

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 10:31 AM

I hardly ever chat when I'm playing in the coin rooms. From time to time I will say good game at the end but most of the time the other player has already left the room. 

I just laugh when the other player gets upset cause I'm not chatting back. 

RSS