Forums

Help › Forums

SEL v The Fairway Fanatics

Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:57 AM (50 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 4:18 AM

Amateur4sure V   Mohuyu arranged for 8pm Tonight, I`ll fire Twitch up.

Will ask Mo if we can go a little later so we can watch your game Andy, My bad.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 5:00 AM

Great Matches so far from 2 very respectable and competitive Clubs!

Craig (CSBarbarian) and myself had a great stroll around Oakmont, Craig quickly found a 2 up lead after we came off the green on #5, but after a couple of nice approaches I was able to square up the match as we made the turn, as we headed to #12, I had a 2 up advantage before Craig turned on the afterburners with some absolutely brilliant and beautiful display of playing this game! Craig squared the match back up on #14, with a couple of superb bird's, he quickly went back to 2 up as we headed to #17, Craig's tee shot found the right side bunker, while mine found the green, Craig's pitch out of the bunker sealed the win by putting it 1 foot from the pin, while my putt scalded to the back fringe, where the Match ended with Craig winning 3&1.

Even though not the outcome I was hoping for, the Match and chat was superb, thank you Craig for the round, you are definately a top player!

Paul and Pipster, thank you for organizing this Competition, and best of luck to both squads still to play!

• CharlieH100
    288 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 9:55 AM

The Spark and I got a second go at each other. Or rather, I got to watch him play exceptionally well - again - whilst trailing after him a little forlornly. Joking aside, very enjoyable match, played in great spirit again, and he really is a treat to watch. We were pretty close for a while and then he switched on the turbo and all I could see was dust ... 

Good game with a gentleman of the course. Thanks again. 

The Spark 29 - 31 CharlieH100 

And a big thanks to Paul and Pip for putting all this together.

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 10:12 AM

Just had a great game with Pip and the scoreline dont reflect how close it was,Pip raced into a 2up lead and by the 6th he could have been 4 up,i then holed my approach on 7 from around 160 to pull back to 1 down,we then halved 8&9 and i made a 10ftr on 10 for birdie and Match AS,Pip birdied 11 to move 1 up again and i managed a bird on 13 to get back to AS,I then managed to birdie 14&15 and a par at 16 closed the game out 3&2.

Cheers for the game Pip and as always m8 a thoroughly enjoyable round.

Catch you for a game soon m8 and Thank you.

Paul

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 10:24 AM

Well done everyone, some great matches so far and it seems to be turning into a tight contest.

Played my match against Paul earlier and early on it seemed like I may have finally been able to put my lifelong losing streak against him behind me lol. 2up through 6 which should have been 3 and I was pretty confident. Paul then knocked one in from around 150yds and I was winded.

Paul's class shone through from there, he kept turning the screw and a couple of missed short putts ended up costing me dearly with Paul closing the match out on the 16th. I hope no one was watching us play the 16th by the way, what happens on the 16th stays on the 16th lmao.

Great comeback mate and as always a real pleasure to have a knock with you, laughs a plenty and thanks for lulling me into a false sense of security early on lol. For once  thought I had a chance to come out on top, look forward to the next one, cheers Paul.

Good luck to all yet to play

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 11:36 AM

is Phippo twitching this game folks?

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 11:38 AM

Thanks Charlie, really nice to meet and play again. Played in great spirit.

Could well have gone to the wire if a couple hadn’t slid agonisingly by for you.

Thanks to both captains for all their hard work behind the scenes, looks like it’s shaping up to be close-run. 

Be lucky all 👍

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 1:49 PM

Mohuyu V Dodgy

Mo and I just had a blast around Oaky, Great fun game and lovely to meet another like minded person who enjoys the company the game brings.

Tons of laughs as always, Really great to meet You Mo and looking forward to our next outing.

I got lucky on the putts Today and managed to sneak a win for Sneak but really enjoying this format between 2 super fun CC`s..

Thanks very much to the Cappy`s for putting this entertainment on..

Onward and Upward Folks...

Keep er lit..

Chris

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 2:23 PM

Brilliant play Chris,just Brilliant m8

Gonna have to send Mo some san miguels after that.

Well played m8.

Paul

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 2:30 PM

Corbyph v phippo20040

sel wins 1up in what was a very close match that could of gone either way

good company again from my third opponent from the fairway fanatics always look forward to a match against them top class stuff 

thanks to Paul and pip for organising looking forward to another game in the future hopefully 

andy

RSS