Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 107: footballs. . . AGAIN!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (46 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 12:05 AM

My club has already won football tee markers twice. Other things happen in the fall.  Why these again?  Ugh.

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 12:25 AM

I don't think the people at WGT realise there is more than one type of football either. The old grid iron variety for the third time. A touch of irony in the fact that its the only type of football not designed to kick but to throw. One could be forgiven for thinking that the people at WGT live in a bubble.

Here in the southern hemisphere most football codes are having there finals series. Would it be too much to expect to see Sherrins, Gilberts or Steedens marking the tees. Plenty of options out there you guys at WGT. Surely you can find half an ounce of imagination next time you're  thinking of tee marker possibilities.

• Nancy1959
    7,033 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 12:54 AM

Not only that, but throwing us 30 mph hurricane winds on a cow pasture like St. Andrews back nine again.  They just don't get that playing two days straight on stuff like this simply isn't fun for the majority of players.

Watch as their revenues go way down again in this Clash....

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 1:53 AM

We have those wins on Pinehurst B9.

Apples, sweetcorn, scarecrows, baseballs, etc, where are you?

That totally should have said WINDS, not wins, lol. We lost. Cheers.

2nd round the F9 of Chambers Bay. They still be a-blowing, of course.
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 5:10 AM

I've never irl played a course where 7 of the 9 holes were all head winds, except for the par 3s,  there is get the tailwinds.  lol   so real life like,    lol

wolf, 1st clash, painhurtz 2nd

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 8:31 AM
    Luckystar5:

wolf, 1st clash, painhurtz 2nd

So, the 4 courses are Wolf, Pinehurst, Chambers Bay, and St. Andrews. Yep, the complaints about wind in the past have fallen on deaf ears . . . . I like it, but most of my club's lower tiers do not. Participation is way down where I am.
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 12:52 PM

AlaskanDame:
    My club has already won football tee markers twice. Other things happen in the fall.  Why these again?  Ugh.

Because today is the opening day of the NFL season.  And while we have the footballs too, clubs less than at least 3 years old, maybe longer, do not.

Anway, having just started our 4th match, so far we are PH B9, St.A B9, CB F9, and now St. A again.

Tom.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 1:29 PM

Chambers bay, wolf creek and twice at St. Andrews. St. Andrews with 32 mph winds full against is no fun , even with best driver and 3 wood  and reasonable balls the par fives are not reachable . Coupled with the same tee  and flags as we already have, someone explain why it’s worth busting a gut ? And this is from someone who loves the clash format !! 

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:38 PM

No Wolf Creek yet for us.

Pinehurst, Chambers Bay, St. A's, and back to Pinehurst for Games 4 and 5.

Game 6 is back to the wind at Chambers Bay, where even a 245-yard 3W and a Distance 4.0 ball can't make GIR on Par 4's.

Game 7 is Pinehurst again.
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 5:47 PM

bossbird:

Chambers bay, wolf creek and twice at St. Andrews. St. Andrews with 32 mph winds full against is no fun , even with best driver and 3 wood  and reasonable balls the par fives are not reachable . Coupled with the same tee  and flags as we already have, someone explain why it’s worth busting a gut ? And this is from someone who loves the clash format !! 

We just got WC in our 5th match.

As to what Boss said, this is an ongoing complaint especially for clubs that cater to all skill levels.  St. A, CB, and WC in high winds is a killer for anyone Master and below, as well as new Legends.

I'm a 56 average Champ; I can handle it, but a steady diet of it over 2 days beats me up too ... not to mention the massive variations caused by luck of draw on winds.  Remember, when winds are 25 mph+, it affects putts too.

RSS