Forums

Help › Forums

Jan. Stroke Play Tourney Fees?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 5 2009 2:43 PM (5 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 10:36 AM

On the tournament front page the January Stroke Play Tournament is listed as a 500-credit entry fee.  I think this might be in error.  Aren't the monthly tourneys usually free?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 10:50 AM

It must be, since in the tournament rules it states, "No WGT credits will be deducted from your World Golf Tour account to enter this Contest."

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 10:56 AM

Ah ok, I didn't get that far into the rules.  I had noticed there was no step 3 for method of entry (my preferred method :D) and instantly came here.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 12:43 PM

The WGT New Year's Tournament also lists a 500 credit fee, although the rules say there will be no credits deducted.  Both this and the January Monthly tournament attempt to deduct 500 credits if you try to enter them.  As of this writing a few players have entered already.  Refunds might need to be in order for those players.

Also, the Tournament Rules link for the January Shopping Spree Open is not functioning.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 1:38 PM

Thanks for the catch. The Jan Stroke Play and New Year's Tournament are both $5 entry tournaments. The contest rules have been updated to reflect this. The Shopping Spree Tournament rules should also show up now.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 2:43 PM

Thanks, Alex!  I hope you enjoyed your New Year. :)

One minor nitpicky thing because I don't how strict you guys are when it comes to accepting write-ins.  Both of these tournament rules say to write "Shopping Spree Open Credit Request" on the envelope rather than their respective tourney names.  I wouldn't want anyone's entry rejected because of it.

RSS