Forums

Help › Forums

Saturation point

Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:19 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • blackwidow1
    674 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 7:00 PM

I have played 415 ranked rounds as a TL and would like someone to tell me when my average will stop going up.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 9:02 AM

blackwidow1:

I have played 415 ranked rounds as a TL and would like someone to tell me when my average will stop going up.

EDIT:  From what I can tell, I was incorrect originally. The new number is 750 RR's

Unless I am mistaken, the new standard is 500 RR's.

I could be wrong though,

Hopefully someone else will chime in,

Don

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:56 PM

TopShelf2010:

EDIT:  From what I can tell, I was incorrect originally. The new number is 750 RR's

Unless I am mistaken, the new standard is 500 RR's.

Yes - it is doubly hard to know since WGT does not say.  All the numbers we have come from users.

On a related note, I wonder if saturation has changed for any other levels.  I have been saturated at Legend for a while (higher than average scores quit affecting my average some time back), but after the down time, a hurried back-door 9-holes on Oakmont before it showed up on PC yielded a 34 (slightly above my average of 66.05) caused my average to go up to 66.07).

It is back to 66.05 so maybe it was a glitch.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:21 PM

The 750 number is correct. I recently saturated (again) completing 550 RRs after the changes in December. It appears I was grandfathered my best 200 rounds and my saturated average at that time.  My average steadily climbed until the 551st round. Now it's only goes down.

DJ7

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 7:29 PM

I know for sure it was 750 for me at TL....Now I am at "Champ" and again have no Idea !!....

What I do know it is defiantly  NOT 200 ranked rounds to saturation and unfortunately  my "Ranked Round journal" pad has gone missing  lol ....I can tell you it is also not 300 ranked rounds .....But I will now never know for sure 😕.....

So for "CHAMPION" to saturate  Is it 500.....750.....anyone??   Bueller.....Bueller.....Bueller....

JD

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:41 AM

As far as I know the Best of courses and Par3 courses are not counted in ranked rounds.  

You will know when you reach the magical number when your Ave stops going up and down like a yoyo.   So basically enjoy the moment when you still can with all due respect.

• HalHoff
    789 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 10:10 AM

I have a member currently at Champ with 860 rounds since last tier up and still not saturated... No custom or Par 3s or 5s in that mix. Maybe 1000?

There is a formula to tell you how many rounds you have played since last tier up. That will not tell you how many rounds to saturate if that number is unknown again.

• HalHoff
    789 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 10:16 AM

Want to know how many more rounds you need to advance levels?

WGT - Rounds of saturation 

From a member of our cc.

****Orange background (in mobile version) club tourney is a regular ranked round. FYI

For all those wondering how many rounds they have played towards their saturation for their tier and don’t (or haven’t) kept up with their play since their last tier move, here is a way to estimate the rounds that are included in your saturation.

Step1. Play an Orange Sky (regular ranked round) that will count (not a par 3 or 5, custom or CTTH, putting contests, etc).

Step2. This will change your average. To get this average to 5 decimal places you’ll have to play a coin game. Click on a coin game and while it searches for an opponent write down your average to 5 decimal points. This number will be A1.

Step3. Go play another Orange Sky game (regular ranked round). Write down what you shot. For a 9 hole game, multiply by 2. This number will be S2.

Step4. This will change your average. Go play another coin game to get your average to 5 decimal places. While it searches for an opponent write down your average to 5 decimal points. This number will be A2.

Step5. Calculate the number of rounds you have played towards your saturation point  X. 

X=(A2-S2)/(A1-A2)+1

Hope that helps.

Example

I turned Legend with 411 ranked rounds. I have 1077 ranked rounds now. Ranked round include some Pre-Glitches (custom courses) play the 1st Orange Sky and shot 31. Play a coin game and my average to 5 decimal places is 61.57067. This number is A1. I play a 2nd Orange Sky and shot 31 again. Since this is a 9 hole tourney, I multiply by 2 and get 62. This number is S2. I play a coin game again and my new average to 5 decimal places is 61.57181. This number is A2. Now calculate the rounds you have played towards your saturation.

X=(61.57181-62)/(61.57067-61.57181)+1

X=376.6

I need another 124 rounds that count to saturate for Legend.

Numbers for higher levels were thought to be 750 rounds but I’m not so sure it is that low anymore.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 12:23 PM

HalHoff:
    Step2. This will change your average. To get this average to 5 decimal places you’ll have to play a coin game. Click on a coin game and while it searches for an opponent write down your average to 5 decimal points.

Does this still work?  I know it used too, but I tried it some time back and did not get 5 decimal places so I asked a friend that is 100% mobile and very experienced to try it and he did not get 5 places either.

It certainly is a lot more accurate with 5 places, but does it still work?

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 12:38 PM

WOW.....This helps me figure out  saturation number of rounds as a Champ and a PC player....How exactly??    LOL

(But I am almost sure that is the EXACT formula for making the colors just right in Lucky Charms "Marshmallows"  or Was it the "Alkaline level formula" for a Meth lab in Oklahoma??) ....I forget which......LOL

• PAGES
RSS