rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 12 2019 8:23 PM (24 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 2:18 PM

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 2:20 PM

im PC  and it can be played  as a club Tournament its on the Create a Tournament list

• Cheffer
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 5:50 PM

Love this course thank you 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 9:23 AM

I wonder if WGT could photoshop out all the trees that they cut so it would look more like it does today. Be cheaper than going back for more pics. 

But I guess having it as it used to be is a nostalgia thing. Always liked the fall colors, which of course would be lost with the trees gone. 

Another major change there was the rough. They shortened it around the bunkers so that more balls would find the sand. I suppose that would be a tall order for WGT to tweak. 

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 8:23 PM

JimbeauC:

I wonder if WGT could photoshop out all the trees that they cut so it would look more like it does today. Be cheaper than going back for more pics. 

But I guess having it as it used to be is a nostalgia thing. Always liked the fall colors, which of course would be lost with the trees gone. 

Personally, I liked the visual appearance of Oakmont on TV much less in 2017 as the US Open than in previous one.

There were no trees in the 1920's because it was a farm.  It was originally a naturally wooded area.  They then spent 90 years growing them and then cut them down to "restore original appearance."  It makes no sense to me.

This is not a links course; this is not St. Andrews or the Europa Club.

Tom.

RSS