Forums

Help › Forums

** Virtual U.S. Amateur: The Final Four is Set! ***

Mon, Sep 9 2019 8:31 PM (43 replies)
  • kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 3:35 AM

I have what is called a brain that can do all my thinking for me. I have been a SHEETMETAL WORKER  for 40 years so if my brain could not work out simple maths i would have become a rocket scientist Lol. Good luck what ever method that works and helps you, but just remember to try and have fun.

Mick

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 3:45 AM

This is an opportunity to watch players at their best. If you don’t like how the way they play it, or whatever tools they use, don’t watch it..take your issue with the Game Devs if you want changes.

Everyone is different. Just because someone doesn’t see it your way, doesn’t mean its the wrong way..you’re just proving how less intellectual, and closed minded person you are.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 4:43 AM

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 4:52 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    I wish they could set 45s approach clock and 60s green clock for putting.

Agree, some putts require a second and third look. Would be even better if one could choose between different wind and green speed settings. Not being able to deviate from the standard settings in matchplay is a big reason for why I hardly play that format. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 4:53 AM

Another obvious thread and it is gona be locked soon :) :)

Enjoy while it last

For a change, ICON started this thread lol 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 4:54 AM

TopShelf2010:

SlickHunter:

This is an opportunity to watch players at their best. If you don’t like how the way they play it, or whatever tools they use, don’t watch it..take your issue with the Game Devs if you want changes.

Everyone is different. Just because someone doesn’t see it your way, doesn’t mean its the wrong way..you’re just proving how less intellectual, and closed minded person you are.

These debates, which usually turn into arguments, have been going on for years my friend. It is best to simply not get involved.

LOL

Don

Its really not getting involve. Its merely exchanging opinion, it’s what forum is all about-:)

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 5:43 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Not sure why some people are so against using math.

Did I ever say I was against math? I said I did not want to watch someone input numbers into a spreadsheet on live streaming. Everyone who plays this game does some simple math and if the say they don't they are not being truthful.

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Do you dislike calculating because you don't know how to do it?

No I actually do most of the math I need in my head except for the higher elevation changes that might require a simple calculator. But a lot of those holes I now have memorized from playing them enough times. 

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Or maybe you don't enjoy playing the game that way so others shouldn't either?

I don't have a reason to try and defend the way I play this game. Do you? 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 5:48 AM

BHenke2:

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Not sure why some people are so against using math.

Did I ever say I was against math? I said I did not want to watch someone input numbers into a spreadsheet on live streaming. Everyone who plays this game does some simple math and if the say they don't they are not being truthful.

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Do you dislike calculating because you don't know how to do it?

No I actually do most of the math I need in my head except for the higher elevation changes that might require a simple calculator. But a lot of those holes I now have memorized from playing them enough times. 

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Or maybe you don't enjoy playing the game that way so others shouldn't either?

I don't have a reason to try and defend the way I play this game. Do you? 

You seem to be saying you're ok with someone inputting numbers into a calculator, but not a spreadsheet.  

If I may..what's the difference? 

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 6:16 AM

kavvz:

Do I really have to explain the difference between a computer and a calculator? Come on....

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 6:57 AM

BHenke2:

kavvz:

Do I really have to explain the difference between a computer and a calculator? Come on....

No, I didn't ask you that.

I'll elaborate if it'll help.

What's the difference between using a calculator to get 147 yards vs. using a spreadsheet to get 147 yards.  just an example...

(hoping you realize the math involved is very simple -- there's nothing groundbreaking in the spreadsheet)

RSS