Forums

Help › Forums

TWO is cartoon golf...

Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:15 PM (34 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:24 PM

and I have the screen shots to prove it...

My blog...  Expert pins, Black tees... playing from the tips and was able to shoot a 60..

That's -12 from the HARDEST SETTING!!!!

It would have been lower except the 5' putter at TWO has bugs and will not climb the slightest hill to the hole... could have been an honest -15!

Cartoon golf.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Peace.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:29 PM

The sad thing  though, is many people seem to like that...gonna cause us to lose alot of people here

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:41 PM

Heh, try changing the green hardness, green speed, and wind next time.

I guarantee you there will be no -12 for you ;)

P.S.  On the first day of the November Unlimited 18 hole tournament right here at WGT, the low score is already -14.  That's with Heavy winds and Fast green, the hardest settings we have gotten so far.

So umm yeah, not sure that the whole 'cartoon golf' argument really holds much water.  Sure it's CGI, so of course it's going to look fake.  But let's not bring scoring into it because I regularly break all PGA records on a daily basis here at WGT! (and I'm not the only one either)

Oh yes, and this.  Scoring average for Tiger Woods in 2009?    68.84  Scoring average for me right now?  58.11

Sure, I'm 10 shots better than Tiger woods and TWO is the only cartoon golf game?? :)

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:50 PM

tibbets:

Heh, try changing the green hardness, green speed, and wind next time.

I guarantee you there will be no -12 for you ;)

P.S.  On the first day of the November Unlimited 18 hole tournament right here at WGT, the low score is already -14.  That's with Heavy winds and Fast green, the hardest settings we have gotten so far.

So umm yeah, not sure that the whole 'cartoon golf' argument really holds much water.  Sure it's CGI, so of course it's going to look fake.  But let's not bring scoring into it because I regularly break all PGA records on a daily basis here at WGT!

Speaks the truth.

Although it is easier for the average player to get a low score on TWO than it is on here, the competition is still the same. Just because you can average -18 a game, that does not mean you will even break the top 10 for that daily tournament.

As stupid as it sounds, I pretend that a birdie in TWO = a par and an eagle = a birdie. Makes it seem a hell of a lot more realistic score wise that way.

To each his own, I enjoy WGT more, but TWO does have 5 courses.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:51 PM

tibbets:
       But let's not bring scoring into it because I regularly break all PGA records on a daily basis here at WGT! (and I'm not the only one either)

I am not gonna disagree with you, tibbets.. however, I will mention one very salient point...

You've been playing WGT (and it's predecessors) for years.. This was my 4th round on that course.

'nuff said.  =)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:55 PM

rustynipples:
    Although it is easier for the average player to get a low score on TWO than it is on here, the competition is still the same. Just because you can average -18 a game, that does not mean you will even break the top 10 for that daily tournament.

100% agree with you, Rusty... but that's not the point.  I'm not playing for daily tournaments, so I don't care if my -19 loses to your -22 (which IMHO are RIDICULOUSLY low scores for any golf game.)

All I am trying to point out is this.. for online golf, with its intricacies, decisions, risk v reward and 'real' feel, I will play WGT everytime.

If I want to feel like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck playing golf on the moon (with respect to Warner Bros) I will play TWO.

Again, nothing wrong with either.  It depends on the person and type of game they want to play. 

Peace.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:00 PM

See my above edits.

Tiger's average wouldn't even put him in the Master tier here, and he's been playing a lot longer than I have! :)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:21 PM

Sorry, Tibbets, but Snaike is right. TWO is cartoon golf (admittedly of highest quality, perhaps), and WGT isn't.

Proof? Snaike's ace  on a par 4  in his first ever Wolf Creek round. Actually, that's not only an ace; it's an albatross!  

As you know, there have only been 2 albatrosses so far in the entire history of WGT.com. For a rookie player to score an albatross on his first visit of any course, under any circumstances, is inexcusable.

Well, OK, it is justifiable: under the premise that TWO strives to be an exciting, player-motivating computer game more than faithful simulation of reality. And that's perfectly OK. But it is cartoon golf...

• mdl1976
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:39 PM

lmao

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:46 PM

Call it whatever you wish, the undeniable point is that realism is not achieved here either, not by a long shot.  All of my statistics are PGA records, minus longest drive and drive average.  How you can call that realistic is beyond me. 

So go ahead and poo-poo TWO all you want, but you're not going to get anywhere in a legitimate debate about realism when the entire Master division requires an average lower than every single PGA golfer in history.

Case Closed.

RSS