Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • spglasser
    94 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 1:38 PM

I agree that the new version is a weak replacement, and has a number of issues. But, I still enjoy it the more I get used to all the changes and have hope they will ultimately correct some of the things. But, it will never be as good as Flash. I try to approach it from the standpoint of is I was new to the game and this is what i was presented with. In other words had no comparison to know what it lacks

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 3:22 PM

spglasser:
    I try to approach it from the standpoint of is I was new to the game and this is what i was presented with. In other words had no comparison to know what it lacks

Everyone's experience is valid and their own, and people's mileage may vary but I agree with this attitude and find it a positive way to approach playing the new version. 

It's part of the human condition that we often consider something that replaces a loved thing in our lives to be inferior, whereas I do try to come at the new version from the standpoint that it is not necessarily better or worse, just different.

How would it be if this was the only version of the game we'd ever known and then it was replaced by a 'new' flash version? I would expect howls of protest in the forums from people complaining that the avatar is tiny and swings in an unrealistic manner, the ball is hard to see, the screen resolution is cut off at only 4:3 ratio, the meter is much more unstable, the putts break differently....and so on. All those differences would seem like backward steps to many because they were unfamiliar.

But like I said, everyone's experience is different.

Nigel.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:00 PM

Welcome to WGT.  To the new members of WGT, I am always here to assist with questions or problems you may have.  I've been around a long time and if I don't know the answers to your questions, I will definitely find out for you.  I am fairly well respected in WGT and soon I will have 6,600 friends, so I know a LOT of people.  If I can't answer your question, I'm sure I could find someone on my friends list that can.

So I think that is kind of a milestone and maybe a RECORD > six thousand six hundred friends.  (6,600).  

Henry Kawa

• spglasser
    94 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 2:08 AM

OK Henry, I'll take you up on the invitation. It seems apparent that one cannot message friends as we were able to do on the old version. Is that correct? and if so that is a major limitation

• spglasser
    94 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 5:07 PM

when i follow your directions this is the screen I get. There is no where indicting messages

• spglasser
    94 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 5:13 AM

OK finally figured it out. Not very user friendly but suffices

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 11:36 AM

HenryKawa:
    Welcome to WGT.  To the new members of WGT, I am always here to assist with questions or problems you may have.  I've been around a long time and if I don't know the answers to your questions, I will definitely find out for you.  I am fairly well respected in WGT and soon I will have 6,600 friends, so I know a LOT of people.  If I can't answer your question, I'm sure I could find someone on my friends list that can.

So I think that is kind of a milestone and maybe a RECORD > six thousand six hundred friends.  (6,600).  

Henry Kawa

So why is it that there have been little to none (at all) helpful posts of "HenryKawa" until now?

Why is there 11 mentionings of "I" in your post?

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 11:56 AM

alosso:

HenryKawa:

Henry Kawa

So why is it that there have been little to none (at all) helpful posts of "HenryKawa" until now?

Why is there 11 mentionings of "I" in your post?

I don't know why I always use the word I.  I will try not to use I am much as I used to use the word I.    From now on, here is what you will see from me.

↓  ↓  ↓  ↓   ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  

Me don't know why me always use that word.  Me will try not to use that word as much as me used to use it.  Me thinks me will be more accepted by Alosso since me will not be using a word that me was always accused of using too much.  Me love you.  

RSS