Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 5:40 AM

Bill, The player you're referring to as a Master was a Tour Pro when He/She entered the tournament. They can finish the tournament as a TP.

Someone else can answer the Hack shooting 60, I have my views, but I`ll keep it to myself.

Edit: I would just play your game, and don`t worry about it. 

• T0ra
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 5:49 AM

Woot \0/

• dandare5273
    31 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 3:34 PM

can you please explain, with actual facts, why a golf ball is worn out and unplayable?  or, can you just admit, you are making money every time we hit a ball, even when ur meter shits itself, jumps 2 inches an *** ur shot???   if i get an answer to this, i may even keep playing this money making machine

WGTalex:

Welcome, and thanks for playing WGT. Here in the forum, you can chat with other players, get game tips, report bugs, and make product suggestions. Our community of players are very helpful, so feel free to ask questions if you are new here. We hope you are enjoying the game!

Alex
    WGT Team

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:22 PM

Just as in real golf, if you hit a virtual golf ball into the water or out of bounds, you must replace it with a different ball. Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. You get roughly three rounds of golf with each ball before it wears out.

When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

Additionally, when a balls wears out, it is automatically replaced by another ball of the same type from your inventory. If you have none of the same type, they are replaced instead with a free WGT starter ball. Please check the FAQ to learn more about golf balls.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#balls

As for having troubles with your meter, we recommend trying the following: 

- Trouble shooting steps and system requirements, particularly clearing the browser and Flash cache:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/635.aspx

- Close other programs, browser windows and browser tabs

- Have the wgt.com website open but minimized and not displayed

- Play WGT in the original window size, do not maximize it to full screen

- Turn off Reflections, Flag Animation, Background Loading, Avatar rotations, and WGT Lessons in your Options

• WildBillbakerhil
    80 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 6:28 PM

There are sure a lot of Masters playing in the Tour Pro bracket. Do you think they all started the tournaments as Tour Pros? I check the leader board on the first day that I enter the tournaments which is generally around the first of each month. I try to play them all, but when I check and the leader has shot a 58 on the first day of the tournament, I find it hard to believe that they started as a tour pro. I don't really worry about it. It is that way in real golf if you let them get away with it. If they need the credits and the recognition that much then they can have mine. I keep arguing for WGT to move to the USGA handicapping and course slope systems, and they can weed out the sand baggers.

• WildBillbakerhil
    80 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 6:44 PM

I received this in my email and do not believe that I made any comments about golf balls. I do have a problem every now and then when I purchase new balls. They somehow find the weeds and water shortly thereafter, and  I am good enough that I know I didn't hit them there. I clean my computer everyday with three cleaners, and clear the cache on my browsers and flash player. When it starts giving me problems I just quit playing. Thanks for the info though. I am also a close follower of the rule book. I totally understand how I have to play out of hazards. There is one hole however with water on the right and when my ball lands in it somehow it gets dropped on the other side of the hazard behind a giant tree which give me no hope of having a shot to anywhere but deeper into the weeds behind the tree. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. the rule for a lateral hazard is to club lengths from where the ball crossed into the hazard no closer to the hole, or if it affords me a better shot I can drop on the other side of the lateral hazard no closer to the hole and take a one stroke penalty for either drop, but there is no mention of me having to drop behind a tree on the other side of the hazard when I would be an utter fool to do it. I don't mind having a problem losing a ball if I feel that I did something to lose the ball, but generally I cannot figure out the reason that it happened as I took all the steps I could to keep it from happening. As far as wear and tear on a ball I understand that they wear out to the point where it is no longer advantageous to use them, then I retire them to my shag bag. Again, thanks for the info.

Warmest regards,

Bill

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:41 PM
    WildBillbakerhil:

There are sure a lot of Masters playing in the Tour Pro bracket. Do you think they all started the tournaments as Tour Pros?

Yes. You can't enter if you are in a higher tier.
  • alosso
    21,033 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 10:00 PM

dandare5273:
    can you please explain, with actual facts, why a golf ball is worn out and unplayable?  or, can you just admit, you are making money every time we hit a ball, even when ur meter shits itself, jumps 2 inches an *** ur shot???

Fact: Each type of ball has a certain duration which is measured in stroke numbers. In 2012(?), these were counted to be 90 - 125 strokes per ball, in relation to the durability indication. No numbers are available for newer balls like MAX or the top Nikes.

Only putts from the green do not count.

And yes, this must be the money maker for the company, producing a steady flow of credits, since most people need slower meters and want better quality than the Starters.

I don't count balls, I rather see them as an entry fee to play. Good thing is, it's not too high, comparing the time we spend and the fun available. Plus, we decide about it's height.

Be careful not to buy too expensive balls which are a waist with low level or Starter clubs. Good and low-priced balls are the Tour SD (65 cr per sleeve), Srixon (180?) and lvl 33 Callaway (250). Alas, even the 10 cr B-ES provides a reasonable advantage over the Starter. You might want to check them out from bottom up.

• alosso
    21,033 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 10:07 PM

WildBillbakerhil:
    I am also a close follower of the rule book.

So do I.

WildBillbakerhil:
    I totally understand how I have to play out of hazards. There is one hole however with water on the right and when my ball lands in it somehow it gets dropped on the other side of the hazard behind a giant tree which give me no hope of having a shot to anywhere but deeper into the weeds behind the tree. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. the rule for a lateral hazard is to club lengths from where the ball crossed into the hazard no closer to the hole, or if it affords me a better shot I can drop on the other side of the lateral hazard no closer to the hole and take a one stroke penalty for either drop, but there is no mention of me having to drop behind a tree on the other side of the hazard when I would be an utter fool to do it.

Should be CCC #11...

Yes, this is one of only a few locations where the outcome is against the Rules of Golf. I'm afraid we have to accept this as a flaw of the game - obviously they never change the game settings, except for "invisible branches".

Good thing is, AFAIR, that you can hit through the tree - be sure to add enough power to cross the pond.

• twinborg
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 7:27 PM

thisis the only place i could find to put this.

this sucks i was playing a muti player game and using my club pass.  on the second hole i got my first hole in one.  everyone said hey nice shot. the next hole.  everyone qjuit and i didnt get my club xp points and i did not get credit for my hole in one

just doing a little venting

RSS