Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • AlexBorgesjr
    1,296 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 9:50 PM

SamanthaWho:

maudgreen:

hi Alex...how do i remove the permernent shot pal & putter pal..other players have told me differnt ways--but nothing works...regards mike

this the only way I know how. contact wgt , but I didnt want a club with 75 members the told me to bad, just fill your 50, and look 33 percent empty...lol

• bighed
    25 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:10 AM

Can you please tell me how the heck can anybody shoot a 51 on any 18 hole course without.. "EHUMMM" cheating?  Virtual Golf Tour standings right now? You should be able to show us the round they played..

• DuwayneCook
    53 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:30 AM

Lots of eagles, with a few hi1 thrown in. hahahaha.

• Glassdriver
    264 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 2:40 PM

love the game but hate the program so inconsistent everything has to br dead on  will not happen because of hand eye cord. getting tired of this soon will quite and have seen other players that have not played ina few years sooner or later word will get around and no more sidn ups. so I'm done for now

• lageredup
    56 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 3:08 AM

The game is great ty, but i purchased Max balls twice in 2 days and WGT has taken my money, as i have received a thank your for your purchase message, but i have not got my goods, getting a bit doubtful as to ever use my credit card again, as i have used it quite a bit in the past, but think enough is enough 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:10 AM

lageredup:

The game is great ty, but i purchased Max balls twice in 2 days and WGT has taken my money, as i have received a thank your for your purchase message, but i have not got my goods, getting a bit doubtful as to ever use my credit card again, as i have used it quite a bit in the past, but think enough is enough 

Please contact Support at members@worldgolftour.com so that we can review this matter. Thank you.

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 11:06 AM

All things considered,,, an excellent game,,, except... You are a money making sight,,, we pay to play some courses,,,tournaments...improved equipment,,, balls,,, etc  However my one source of absolute frustration and most visible playing in a tournament format,,, all to often,,, my shot results do not match my abilities... Otherwise,,, there factors  instilled in this game that I have no control over... I have played enough to see this design happens enough that you can't pass it off as the rub of the green...

ONE example just now playing St. Andrews... Level putt to the hole,,, very fast greens,,, top dollar putter,,, almost straight in... Distance 5.7 feet to the hole,,, on the 15 yard scale,,, I hit the putt at 45%,,, right on the nuts... Putt comes up short...

When I try to ask,,, how does this happen,,, just once can someone give me an honest answer... Nothing,,, no one no where has time...

We invest money to improve,,, all I want is a honest results...

I left this game long ago,,, because of this BS... Friend wanted me to try it again... Immediately invested in a new driver,,, better putter,,, working at updating my wedges...

Yet perfectly good shots,,, can end up absolutely funky,,, why???

Any format other than tournament,,, I rarely miss from  feet in... Consistent from 10 in,,, yet these same putts have a habit of rimming out,,, or re-act totally different from what I see in match play etc...

I made up my mind,,, I'll continue to play,,, however not a penny more,,, under any condition until someone gives a paying customer the respect of ten minutes of there time...    TY Mr. Shazam

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 2:49 PM

mrshazam:
    All things considered

I am afraid this post reads like a victims mentality.

This "site" is a business and yes it is designed to make money, which is also reinvested to improve the site.

For a start, IMO you did not have enough juice on the putt - hit firmer to ensure the ball makes it to the hole - the old saying, never up, never in applies. Usually I calculate at least 2-3 feet more power than required (even more using the Nike Method putter). Be positive and if you leave a 4 footer coming back, no big deal.

It is important to look beyond the hole - often this may rise indicating even more power is required as it may be slightly uphill, so those trying to die the ball into the hole may leave in a couple of inches short (and yes we all do that).

Greens in tournaments vary in speed and varies course to course, and some holes play slower or faster than others, take notes is your best counter.

There will always be some variation as in real life and this also varies depending on the clubs (precision and forgiveness) so even if you hit the ding, your shot has no guarantee that it will be two feet from the hole - like in real golf. If it did this game would be so boring. Do some forum searches on precision - or any other aspect of the game - you will find players who say the same and believe there is a conspiracy and others who have worked out solutions.

I had a look at your stats, and whilst they are not bad, they are not great - an indication that you have not really learnt the ins and outs, and this is proved by your score history.

You say you are consistent from 10 feet on the green - 42% of putts from 5 feet shows this is true - but most of them miss. As for lip outs, like the pros, these happen - wait till you actually play on the faster greens!

Your problems lie mainly with you. Personally I do not give a monkeys if you play on, spend or leave, but you need to realise that what you experience has happened to us all as we attempt to master the game.

I am still learning and to be honest, a long way off that stage - that is what keeps me interested.

• Duffer701
    7 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 2:05 AM

Thank you Alex!  This game is loads of fun, but a little frustrating.  Kind of like the real game. I have a couple of questions.  First, when I use my pass the experience points go to the club as they should.  When I try to build my own experience points, I don't use the pass.  So where do my points go?  They don't show up on the top of the page where they are supposed to accumulate.

Second, have you wonderful people thought about a senior avatar?  You know, one for us white haired old gents.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.  This is really fun!

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 9:29 AM

Duffer701:

Thank you Alex!  This game is loads of fun, but a little frustrating.  Kind of like the real game. I have a couple of questions.  First, when I use my pass the experience points go to the club as they should.  When I try to build my own experience points, I don't use the pass.  So where do my points go?  They don't show up on the top of the page where they are supposed to accumulate.

Second, have you wonderful people thought about a senior avatar?  You know, one for us white haired old gents.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.  This is really fun!

When you use a Country Club pass your club receives the experience and you also earn XP (and a bonus for using the pass). If you do not use a pass you are simply earning XP for yourself. The pass is the only way to earn XP for your Country Club at this time.

I think a Senior Avatar would be a great addition to our Pro Shop. Thank you for the suggestion. I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

-WGTyphoon

RSS