Thu, Sep 19 2019 2:12 PM (23 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 8:53 AM

WGTChampion:

Don't Panic. 

WGT will outlive flash. 

_CHAMPION 

Yes it will, since the mobile version doesn't use Flash.

But are you confirming (without actually confirming anything specific at all) that the desktop version will also be available in its current style beyond 2020?

And by 'current style' I mean in a similar version/look to the one we have now (even if HTML5 or somesuch is used instead of Flash), not a version that is like the mobile one.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 9:04 AM

You would make a great politician Champ, as you are good at telling us what you want to tell us, but not telling us what we want to know.

Of course WGT will outlive flash, on mobile devices where flash is not an issue.

But what we want to know is, what options will PC players have when/if flash will no longer run on our computers?

If Microsoft are going to carry out their proposal to remove flash entirely from their operating system, where does that leave us?

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 9:39 AM

l am useing the opera Browser that was Running Flash Auto, in the last few weeks a window now pops up asking if l want to run the flash plugin ie  Allow, Block.

Every time l login l have to say Allow flash to play the game no big deal really as long as it stays that way.

Dave \-/

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:26 AM

daveparr:

l am useing the opera Browser that was Running Flash Auto, in the last few weeks a window now pops up asking if l want to run the flash plugin ie  Allow, Block.

Every time l login l have to say Allow flash to play the game no big deal really as long as it stays that way.

Dave \-/

Same here and I am using Chrome. Only started asking  a couple of days ago.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:28 AM

ScottHope:
    You would make a great politician Champ,

Is there such a thing as a great politician ?

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:40 AM

The sentence didn't feel right without the adjective.  ; )

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 4:57 PM

callaghan159:

ScottHope:

Only if you mean someone is "great" at being a politician - but that does not imply greatness in general !

I prefer non-politicians or, at least, someone that does not politic well - you know, they might actually do something useful once in a while (maybe accidentally!).

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 7:12 PM

DoctorLarry:

callaghan159:

ScottHope:

Only if you mean someone is "great" at being a politician - but that does not imply greatness in general !

I prefer non-politicians or, at least, someone that does not politic well - you know, they might actually do something useful once in a while (maybe accidentally!).

I would call him more of a Diplomat 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 7:47 AM

WGTChampion:

Don't Panic. 

WGT will outlive flash. 

_CHAMPION 

Thinking optimistically (sp?) ... I'm taking that to mean WGT will migrate to new tech for their PC game. Or hopefully so anyway ... 

The part that I don't get about the whole deal is why the browser manufacturers are making it harder in advance to use flash in their browsers. I've had to click on the "enable flash" prompt and then click on "allow" in the dialogue box that opens after, but just two days ago, I found out my flash was blocked entirely on Chrome and on Comodo Dragon, and after about 45 minutes and some hair yanking, I found how to turn the prompts back on ... it makes no sense to me. You have a customer using your technology, and then increasingly make it harder and harder for them to use it. Pretty sadistic if you ask me ...

But then, nobody asked ... :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 5:38 PM

I still use an old Maxthon. 4.4.8.1000.

No problems with me

RSS