Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiting (quitting)

Sun, Aug 4 2019 1:13 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DTMac922
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:37 PM

Is there an advantage to forfeiting - lately higher ranked players (Championed, Tour Legends, Legends) have all quit before end of game, where they would have lost.  They all forfeit & are higher level....should I forfeit games I would lose?  Does it help me move up?

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:08 PM

Dt,forfeiting has been discussed extensively in these forum. If you click on the right side of the screen in the search you'll probably find all the info you could possibly want on the subject. GL,hang in there your winning!!!!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 10:38 PM

Lost games do not affect average and tiering negatively. Lost matches (single or A/S) do appear in the stats, though, so it may be a matter of pride or misinformation.

The negative effect of quitting is that neither player would receive the XPs awarded at the end of a game (i.e. awards and completion) - only the shot XPs (one at a time) are awarded immediately.

Thus, those who quit hurt themselves (and others).

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 12:41 AM

Anyone quitting on me without explanation goes into my "blocked players list" immediately !

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 5:07 AM

Blocked players list doesn’t stop you getting drawn against them again though , it only stops them from writing on your wall and sending you a friend request

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 6:14 AM

bossbird:

Blocked players list doesn’t stop you getting drawn against them again though , it only stops them from writing on your wall and sending you a friend request

also blocks chat in mobile H2H games. but as you stated can still draw them in a match.

dumbest thing ever for a block list.

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 6:52 AM

Taken from WGT / FAQ's …..

What does Blocking Other Players do?

WGT has a great community, but you're bound to not want to hear from everyone, so use the new Block Player option on the Community page. Blocking a player will remove the ability for that player to invite, friend, challenge, message or post on your wall.

• H4rryPuttah
    13 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 6:12 AM

alosso:
    Thus, those who quit hurt themselves (and others).

Do they really though?  At Champion or Legend, the XP loss of a single round is negligible..it hurts the lower tier player, sure....

• H4rryPuttah
    13 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 6:19 AM

Congrats!  Most questions are best directed to those FAQs... but since you added blocking to the topic, i must comment that players who forfeit in games to which i am party, cause me to chuckle, mildly..  have a wonderful day/week/year/life, and remember, it IS just a game..

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 1:05 AM

H4rryPuttah:

Congrats!  Most questions are best directed to those FAQs... but since you added blocking to the topic, i must comment that players who forfeit in games to which i am party, cause me to chuckle, mildly..  have a wonderful day/week/year/life, and remember, it IS just a game..

I agree that it is "just a game" as you call it.

However, to me it is also my time.

I really don't like people who waste my time by quitting early and I will do everything I can to prevent myself from playing them ever again.

If that involves referring to wgt's T's & C's via this forum, then I certainly will.

In return, I must ask you though .....

Is that the general attitude in your Country Club - that it is "just a game" ?

If so, then I wish you the best of luck with your recruiting.

lol

Willie

• PAGES
RSS