Help › Forums

sometimes it stops being fun

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:11 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 5:25 AM

Great comments everyone, I have to agree with 99%. Lot's of fun if you keep it at that.. It would be appreciated though, if when WGT does a little tweak here and there they would give us a heads up. I.E. the winds are going to act a little different, the greens will be a little harder, etc. Maybe have a chance to play a few practice rounds with your less expensive balls before dumping 5 or 6 new Callaways in the weeds when a 20 mph wind acts like a 5 mph and vice a versa.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 7:19 AM

Average ceased to mean anything relevant a while ago so unless you're ego driven look at what the game does for you. It's a time period where you're not stressing over things in your life or hanging with friends from all over the world, either in a real time game or through pms, CCs and forums. It's another life of sorts. Lee2Sharon knows this and takes it for what it's worth. I do too and am enjoying it more now than when I first got hooked. Even the things in the game that are a PITA don't get in the way.

Take a break, you're overthinking it. Progressing from a comfortable place is always hard but the new place will be comfortable one one day and then you get to do it all over again.   ;-)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 10:55 AM

im here for the inexpensive entertainment, notice i didnt say cheap cause its not......

when i decide to leave its when i kick the hell otta beat YJ in a match game, so thats not gonna happen

-G

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 11:45 AM

renniw52:

Great comments everyone, I have to agree with 99%. Lot's of fun if you keep it at that.. It would be appreciated though, if when WGT does a little tweak here and there they would give us a heads up. I.E. the winds are going to act a little different, the greens will be a little harder, etc. Maybe have a chance to play a few practice rounds with your less expensive balls before dumping 5 or 6 new Callaways in the weeds when a 20 mph wind acts like a 5 mph and vice a versa.

when you enter an area of danger, high speed interstate, battleground, hocky rink.  are you forewarned of immenent disaster, no not hardly, but you must surely be aware of the many elements that can and often do change a desired result, and not for the better.  you want it to easy.  when the undesired result is in evidence, the fun part is recognizing what it is and overcoming it.  in otherwords a "real" challange.  i myself thrive on this aspect of the video game.  long live the computer dragon, may he always be pi--ed off and hungry!   my nickel. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 12:43 PM

Well all righthty then, hope dragons aren't too fond of squirrels. We really don't taste like chicken. More like tree rats, good thoughts lee, hope to play ya some day and let you teach me a few things.

Thanks

Ren

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 1:51 PM

can't teach anybody anything about golf.  i just always try to keep a cool head and grease up my slide ruler for when things get dicey. otherwise it might flame out.   lol, my nickel.

• KooKtGooSe
    6 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:11 AM

Gotta agree with the guys at the beginning of the post.

Was WAY more fun as a hack. Now I can't even play a one-hole-one anymore in the Bushwood. Now that I'm a Pro (level 30) , I think that's how it should be. BUT NOW,  I must play in the 3 hole head-to-heads (or better) , and ALMOST EVERYONE that I play against is a Tour Pro or Master, usually level 70 or better.

Where is the fun in ALWAYS playing with someone who has 4x plus the experience. and how can it really be fun to them, always getting a weaker player, and subsequently always winning. Isn't THAT the reason I can't play Bushwood head-to-heads anymore? So why is the 3-hole different.

They (WGT) should control the access to certain head-to-head levels.

This is where I think they intentionally allow it, cuz, if you don't spend money, and buy better clubs equipment, etc ... then you cannot compete.

Lousy model for those just having fun. I'll play, probably 90% by myself, and I don't think you should have to spend real cash to play their silly game.

• PAGES
RSS