Forums

Help › Forums

Buying old clubs

Tue, Jun 9 2020 8:57 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Danielclima
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 5:38 PM

Playing head to head matches and snooping around the other players bags, i’ve noticed that the purchase option is available even for clubs that are no longer for sale on WGT pro shop.

Has anyone tried to purchase those “old stock” clubs?

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 5:39 PM

Danielclima:

Playing head to head matches and snooping around the other players bags, i’ve noticed that the purchase option is available even for clubs that are no longer for sale on WGT pro shop.

Has anyone tried to purchase those “old stock” clubs?

Do you have any examples?  AFAIK, you cannot buy anything not currently in the Pro Shop, but I have not seen what you described.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 7:19 PM

• Danielclima
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 6:43 AM

Thanks for the reply.

The purchase option is still available, but I couldn't confirm it because I don't have the credits to buy any clubs at the moment.

kGVmQrm

• Vintila
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 6:20 AM

Hello, Danielclima!

Have you tried to buy those clubs? Is it still working?

I was wondering because i want to buy some retired clubs myself and i want to know if you can buy them via another player who owns them.

Thanks! ;)

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 3:46 PM

Vintila:

Hello, Danielclima!

Have you tried to buy those clubs? Is it still working?

I was wondering because i want to buy some retired clubs myself and i want to know if you can buy them via another player who owns them.

Thanks! ;)

Sorry - you can only get clubs from the Pro Shop.  No used ones available.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 7:59 PM

I think what he's referring to isn't really purchasing used clubs, but rather a back-door method for purchasing a new set of identical clubs for yourself:  Find a player who has the (retired) clubs equipped that you want, then pull up their profile and click the Purchase button to purchase a set for yourself.

That used to work, on mobile, but it's been disabled by WGT for awhile now.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 9:08 PM

SamSpayed:

I think what he's referring to isn't really purchasing used clubs, but rather a back-door method for purchasing a new set of identical clubs for yourself:  Find a player who has the (retired) clubs equipped that you want, then pull up their profile and click the Purchase button to purchase a set for yourself.

And the only advantage it really provided was to purchase some of the Nike equipment that got reduced by 5 levels before being removed from the Pro Shop. After removed, the equipment continue to show at its lowered level. 

So, it was really nice for people around level 90 or so. For example, if they were at Level 92, they could purchase the old Nike irons through the backdoor that had been reduced to Level 92 while the new irons replacing the Nike irons were at Level 97.

At lower levels, there wasn't really any advantage. A player still had to be at the proper level. Players just couldn't buy anything, regardless of level. I tried. 😉

But as you note, the ability to do any of that was disabled quite a while back. 

• Vintila
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 10:58 PM

SamSpayed:

Yes, Sam, this is what i am talking about. Thanks for the answer. I understand now ;)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 2:27 PM

SamSpayed:

Not so sure if it was disabled or not. The purchase button is still active or is active again, 

• PAGES
RSS