Forums

Help › Forums

suggesting improvements to friends list

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 3 2009 4:03 PM (5 replies)
  • Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2008 3:06 PM

just want to suggest that there be a way to sort friends list alphabetically and also by online status because there are friends online that i can't see due to the fact that only 10 friends are on my list at any given time and it looks like they are in the order they were added.   TY

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2008 3:26 PM

There kinda is already, sorta.  On your friends list (on the left) you'll see 3 horizontal bars.  One over the name, the average and the light columns.  If you click on the bar, it will sort that column.  Click it again to reverse the sort.

Unfortunately it's not very useful right now since, as you mentioned, we can only have 10 friends at a time and those are all it sorts.  :(  You're also correct about it being the first 10 added.  Hopefully the new year brings some new fixes too. :)

• GMTIM
    32 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 10:12 AM

the list should bring online friends to top of list. they just need to be preferenced over rest of list

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 10:25 AM

I've considered removing all my friends and re-adding them all again.  I'd just be sure to add the 10 people I play with the most, first.

So if I'm suddenly not your friend anymore, don't take it personally.  I'll send another invite, just gotta re-order. :)

• Dtexan
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 12:24 PM

nivlac.......that is a good idea for the short term. Most of us started playing and just added anyone as friends. I don't regret adding any of them but they are not the ones that i play with the most now.

I do like the idea of friends being sorted by online status and with this method you would probably see all of your online friends as I usually don't have over 10 friends online at once.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 4:03 PM

Well, I went ahead and re-did my list.  Quite nice now because everyone I play with is on it.  Took about 60 minutes or so, so I only recommend it if you REALLY need to have your top 10 on your list.

RSS