• douggongles
    889 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 2:22 PM

I'd be in for both, please. Thanks! 

• Melonhead66630
    102 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 7:35 PM

I'm in for both!

I haven't played in a very long time but this is a great reason to start again!

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 1:11 AM

Yes sign me up for both please Shedlite

Thanks Much, My name is Yancy

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 8:03 PM

Yass! Yass! Yass!

Right on, Brother.....

~  t  ~

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 9:05 PM

Have fun guys & gals!

• sierramike2alfa
    106 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 7:36 AM

sierramike2alfa Tc...only stroke

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 11:00 AM

Shedlite:
    The first part consists of two 18 hole stroke play rounds, Round 1 will begin August 1st and will be 18 hole ranked round played at St. Andrews. You will have 1 week to play this, Round 2 will begin August 8th and will be 18hole ranked round played at Bethpage Black. You will have 1 week to play this. You may play alone or with others but only your first score that shows in score history during that week will count. Scores Must be posted in 2019 andyson qualifying thread. Everyone wishing to participate in the second stage (The Match-play Tournament and/or The Stroke-play Tournament ) must play these two rounds and post a score for both rounds, This is open to all WGT mobile and PC, When signing up please state whether you wish to participate in Match play only stroke play only or both, Mobile players will only be able to participate in extended Stroke tournament

Hi Bill. 

Should we play the WGT Weekly 18 hole Singles. 1st @ ST A's and then the following week BPB ?

Creating RR players can just quit if they are not scoring what "they think" they should.

Just a thought,,,

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 12:01 AM

overtheedge:

Hi Bill. 

Should we play the WGT Weekly 18 hole Singles. 1st @ ST A's and then the following week BPB ?

Creating RR players can just quit if they are not scoring what "they think" they should.

Just a thought,,,

the first two rounds is for qualifying only, those that complete it will be eligible for the actual tournaments. So score is irrelevant. For the stroke play portion all who complete both rounds will be eligible. For the match play only top score will guarantee placement (in each tier group) rest of the 64 will be chosen at random so for 90% of those who complete both rounds, score will be irrelevant. And mostly this is about playing with others( which i recommend) and making new friends so forcing individuals to play a solo game defeats that purpose. I did think about that but didn't want to take away from what this tournament is about.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 4:42 AM

Shedlite:
    the first two rounds is for qualifying only, those that complete it will be eligible for the actual tournaments. So score is irrelevant. For the stroke play portion all who complete both rounds will be eligible. For the match play only top score will guarantee placement (in each tier group) rest of the 64 will be chosen at random so for 90% of those who complete both rounds, score will be irrelevant. And mostly this is about playing with others( which i recommend) and making new friends so forcing individuals to play a solo game defeats that purpose. I did think about that but didn't want to take away from what this tournament is about.

Got it.

I think I was flashing back to the old days when the Community Tourns. were created "out of competition". 

Of course this is far from that. After posting i started thinking about exactly what you said right here------>

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 4:43 AM

CONTINUED FROM ^^^^^^^^

Shedlite:
    mostly this is about playing with others( which i recommend) and making new friends so forcing individuals to play a solo game defeats that purpose. I did think about that but didn't want to take away from what this tournament is about.

Thanks Bill.

RSS