Forums

Help › Forums

So, this happened today...

Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:29 PM (24 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2019 8:35 PM

So, I'm on the golf course today and somebody almost hit me with their golf ball, it landed about 10-12 feet away and I couldn't wait to see who the idiot was.

Oh crap, it was Lucas Glover-

OK, so now you know I wasn't at my local course playing golf. A couple of buddies and I were at the Travelers Championship today.

It's been raining all week in Connecticut and the grounds at TPC River Highlands were just lots and lots of mud! The fairways and greens looked great, but the areas where spectators could walk around were so muddy...yuck. Most of us were prepared and wore hiking boots and brought umbrellas and Mother Nature didn't disappoint...it poured on and off for about 2-3 hours and we got soaking wet.

Well, here are a couple of other things we got to see-

Here is Justin Thomas putting on the 3rd hole-

Here are Phil M., Marc L. and Jordan S. teeing off on the 5th (I think it was the 5th)-

And here are Tony F., Bubba W. and Brooks K. putting on the 3rd-

We saw someone hole-out on 15 from about 35-40 yards out (I don't remember who it was) and we almost saw a few holes-in-one on the 16th...that was exciting.

Overall, we had a great time. Sure, we got soaking wet, but what a small price to pay for getting to see the players some of us watch every weekend on TV up close.

Now let's have a little give-away-

I'll put everyone's name that responds to this thread into a hat and pick a name at random, the winner will receive a 2019 Pairings Guide from the Travelers Championship from today along with a TPC River Highlands ball-marker and Travelers Championship ball-marker hat clip set, seen here-

I also have two more Pairings Guides for second and third place prizes (if interested). I'll probably choose a winner on Monday after the tournament.

That's all folks.

MC

Oh...and here we are at the tournament-

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2019 9:58 PM

Cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I have never gotten to see the pros in action except on TV.

Makes me glad that WGT is not quite realistic enough to include rain and mud!!

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 1:51 AM

mrcaddie:
    Overall, we had a great time. Sure, we got soaking wet, but what a small price to pay for getting to see the players some of us watch every weekend on TV up close.

Know what you mean Mr.C  I grew up in California and went to Pebble several times, but without a doubt my all-time fav vacation was when a very good friend and I took a week's holiday and went to all five days (including practice day)  of the 1982 U.S. Open.  Spent the day's enjoying the golf and the night's getting hammered and getting up to all sorts.  And watching Tom Watson chip in on the 17th on the Sunday to win it is a memory that will stay with me until my dying day.

Thomas

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 2:15 AM

Amazing how they can play so well in that stuff — weather worthy of Juneau!  (Which is one reason I don’t play IRL any more; another might be that our greens are covered at high tide!)

AKD

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 4:12 AM

Always enjoy seeing your posts MC. Looks like a great time despite the weather. Third rainiest spring on record here in Central New York. Rained so hard Thursday morning we still were not letting carts out on Friday , early evening.

Thanks for sharing Wayne!

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 5:46 AM

Very cool , Wayne. Good to see you out & about makin' memories. Be well m'friend.

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 6:15 AM

Good to see you Sir , Thanks for posting this .

OPY

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 7:06 PM

Wayne...it's always fun to go out and see the pros in person.  Next time give me a heads up so you can tell Ollie Schniederjans hello from me.  I coached him in B-ball when he was a teen.  He didn't make it to the weekend...he needs me to caddie for his azz to get his head right.  He played at GA Tech (where his younger brother Luke plays now) and was the #1 ranked amateur for about 20 months.  I figured he would have won on tour by now.  Go Ollie Go!  Paul

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 3:23 PM

Hi everyone...thanks for your posts, nice to hear from you all.

What an incredible day at the Travelers today! Congrats to Chez Reavie!

I'll hold the drawing tomorrow or Tuesday...stay tuned.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 3:58 PM

Got to watch some of it when doing house work , I think I heard you yell out once or twice " Get in the Hole "   ,  .

OPY 

RSS