Forums

Help › Forums

On Becomeing a Tour Champion

Tue, Mar 9 2021 4:46 PM (62 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 3:29 AM

im not actually chasing tour champion.....it doesnt change  my scores if im tc or just champion  .....i do ok in champion wgt weekly comps....top 5 normally so it helps with ball money......tour champion will come when it comes....no rush for me

• shovel1024
    5 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 3:00 AM

I would like to know if anyone knows why I can't be a TourChampion?

I have played over 200 games of Countable Ranked Rounds since becoming a Champion. Now I have over 250 games. And my average score is below 55.

But I can't become a Tour Champion. Is there some other rule?

Shovel.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 8:36 AM

shovel1024:

I would like to know if anyone knows why I can't be a TourChampion?

I have played over 200 games of Countable Ranked Rounds since becoming a Champion. Now I have over 250 games. And my average score is below 55.

But I can't become a Tour Champion. Is there some other rule?

Shovel.

Unless I am mistaken, the number of ranked rounds has changed. I believe it is now 750? It may even be 1,000.

Does your average still go up AND down? You may have to play a non Red tee round to determine if your average goes UP.

Don

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 10:29 AM
    It’s indeed 1000
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 11:24 AM

Connorjwebb123:
    It’s indeed 1000

Thank you Sir for confirming.

Hope all is well with you and yours

Don

• shovel1024
    5 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 1:13 AM

Thank you all.

1000 rounds, well, I'm feeling faint.

I'll do my best.

Shovel

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 10:46 AM

shovel1024:
    I'm feeling faint.
    Don't play for the numbers, rather play for the fun!

• jacktrade51
    10,832 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 7:55 PM

When WGT upped the # of rounds from 200 to 500 to get from Champ to TC a while back, they mentioned certain players were grand-fathered and still under 200 round saturation.  So I asked and I was told I was one of them.

My first thought was thanks for no favors.  I was happy to be rid of fmagnets, birchi, etc ... not insulting them ... they are just too good/consistent and deserve their accolades. 

Three months later I became a TC, lol.

Tom.

• Serchia
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 1:12 AM

I am trying to understand Tiering, but if this thread is to hold any substance, can someone explain how I keep getting advanced consistently, even though I have only played 77 ranked rounds? My averages have never been that great, but I still get bumped up??

I have only been on WGT since December 2020, and I am now a Tour Legend O.O

I managed to play a single round while Tour Master (a horrendous round to say the least), but I logged in again I had been promoted to Legend. Legend was just as dismal as I had to shuffle my clubs around again, to no avail. I was whipped left, right and centre - brackets and ready-go alike. Yet again, I log in and find I have been promoted to Tour Legend. Now my clubs are pretty much useless once again, despite having bought the highest level driver etc that I can. 

Is there a glitch? I have gone from Hack to Tour legend after 48 stroke play tournaments, 77 ranked rounds, and a total of less than 8 weeks playing. I have no clubs available at level 78 to actually compete in the tiers I am facing anymore ...

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 7:48 AM

Serchia:
    Is there a glitch?

No glitch in my opinion.

According to your Activity, you have won several "tier-based" tournaments over the past few months. Clearly a sign of abilities.

Don

RSS