Forums

Help › Forums

On Becomeing a Tour Champion

Tue, Mar 9 2021 4:46 PM (62 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:29 PM

BOZskills:
    Only ranked rounds played by yourself(alone), andtourament rounds count toward ones avg.
    Nitpicking: Also ranked multiplayer (strokeplay) rounds will affect the average.

Edit:

BOZskills:
    i'm a mobile player only

This limits my nitpicking to another platform - PC.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2019 6:42 AM

el3n1:
    middbrew:
    Because the win/lose stat gets reset at the beginning of the month I doubt WGT saves the data.
    Not so sure about that... I often see a W L T record flash quickly in the same place that is much different than my current month record when I first enter my friends list... this happens rather quickly and is replaced by my current monthly record. someone else can check to see if they recognize or catch this "longer term record" that merely flashes briefly before your current record is shown...

Oh, that's very interesting. I've tried and it doesn't come up for me, but I'd say that you are right about WGT keeping the stats on wins/loses. 

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2019 9:16 AM

Dear alosso,no such thing in mobile!!

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:58 PM

Please let me toss my two cents into this discussion:

I went Champion this past February.  As of today I have played around 600 ranked rounds and my average sits at 57.77.  I have NOT saturated - my scoring average will still elevate when I shoot a score higher than 57.77.  Of this I am certain.

It is my expectation that I will saturate around 750 ranked rounds as a Champion since this was the number of rounds required to go from Tour Legend to Champion post December 2018.

At 600 ranked rounds I can also confirm that it is extremely difficult to lower my current scoring average of 57.77 due to such a high number of rounds being used in the calculation.  

I had been searching for someone who can confirm what the actual number of ranked rounds is required at Champion tier to fully saturate.

Thanks for listening!

Viking772

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 4:44 AM

Viking772:

Please let me toss my two cents into this discussion:

I went Champion this past February.  As of today I have played around 600 ranked rounds and my average sits at 57.77.  I have NOT saturated - my scoring average will still elevate when I shoot a score higher than 57.77.  Of this I am certain.

It is my expectation that I will saturate around 750 ranked rounds as a Champion since this was the number of rounds required to go from Tour Legend to Champion post December 2018.

At 600 ranked rounds I can also confirm that it is extremely difficult to lower my current scoring average of 57.77 due to such a high number of rounds being used in the calculation.  

I had been searching for someone who can confirm what the actual number of ranked rounds is required at Champion tier to fully saturate.

Thanks for listening!

Viking772

This is depressing news!!!  I to just reached Champ about a month ago and have played about 100 rounds and am BARELY keeping my average at 57.37 ....The grind from TL to Champ was long indeed.... So when I "Thought" it was only 200 ranked rounds to saturate at Champ I was relieved to say the least....

Now it's not that I'm in this huge hurry to make Tour Champ its just nice to be saturated without worrying about a few 3 or 4 under nine hole rounds constantly driving average up LOL Because it seems to me that 3 great rounds like 9 or 10 under are undone by 1 round of 2 or 3 under.....Sigh oh well down the long road to Grindsville I head!!  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 7:03 AM

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 8:39 AM

JDGHOST:
    Now it's not I'm in this huge hurry to make Tour Champ its just nice to be saturated without worrying about a few 3 or 4 under nine hole rounds constantly driving average up LOL Because it seems to me that 3 great rounds like 9 or 10 under are undone by 1 round of 2 or 3 under.
    Nothing to worry about, nothing is "undone"!

Let me propose to think this way:

For the purpose of tier promotion, we need "saturation" number of scores forming an average below the threshold. Any high score will be excluded from this pool, and there are a lot!

Therefore, none of these high scores does matter. They are irrelevant from the start, because, in the long run, they won't count in.

The task at hand is NOT to lower the average but to collect that precious pool of low scores.

And, those only staring at the average might burn out from grinding stress - enjoy the journey!!

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 8:59 AM

• AJB70
    665 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 8:50 PM

played a lot of club tourneys for me it was -55 avg.

AJB70

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 2:41 PM

Robert1893:

Finally, I find it a lot more gratifying to post a 30 or 31 on a tough course from the back tees than posting a sub-30 or sub-60 score on an easy setup. But that's just me. Bottom line is that I'll never make it to TC and that's absolutely fine. The floor for my average is most likely around 57, which will probably take me a couple of years to get to. 

Robert,

I thought I was the only one approaching the game this way. Give me back tees, mod to heavy wind and championship greens and I'm going after it.  Battling the hardest WGT can throw at me is great fun. Sure my WGT average isn't very good and I probably won't go up any more tiers but that's how I enjoy playing the game.

I do play the occasional CC red tee special but usually get too aggressive and it winds up an exercise making recovery shots. Sort of defeating the purpose of carding a low score. LoL

Have fun and hit em straight,

John

RSS