Forums

Help › Forums

On Becomeing a Tour Champion

Tue, Mar 9 2021 4:46 PM (62 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 4:32 PM

I’m a Mobile player, I can say that all my tier promotions from Master up to TL were all above average. When I was promoted to Legend with way above average, I asked to be demoted back to TM because I was nowhere near at Legend skill, it was denied, that prompted me to quit for about 8 months.I came back to play, and again same way got promoted to TL, which wasn’t a big deal, being a Legend already. I was playing over thousand matches a month in coin room at the time. So yeah, Mobile players in coin room can get you tiered up somehow. I’m not even doing rank rounds anymore, hoping I’ll get my promotion soon.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 11:53 PM

We know that mobile players are tiered up by levels (=XP points). Alas, we thought that this was limited to Legend status.

Your description says that the journey on that path may well continue.

Note: You were promoted to TL in Dec, 2018, with about 950 ranked rounds under your belt. What was your average then?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 7:36 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 7:45 AM

• AJB70
    665 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 1:40 PM

If I remember correctly it was a 62 avg.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 5:58 AM

Robert1893:

BOZskills:
    I'm jumping in here because i'm a mobile player only. The important thing to remember is wgt isn't tracking the coin room rounds(these are considered practice rounds).

Well, to some extent, WGT is tracking the rounds. Clearly, they're not tracking them and reporting them for stats or averages. But, at the very least, WGT has to be tracking them for wins and losses. Yes? 

Yes, tracking the wins and loses but only for the current month. Because the win/lose stat gets reset at the beginning of the month I doubt WGT saves the data. Although with athe number of players that get promoted with few ranked rounds, maybe they do and just don't share or publish them. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 2:52 PM
    middbrew:
    Because the win/lose stat gets reset at the beginning of the month I doubt WGT saves the data.
    Not so sure about that... I often see a W L T record flash quickly in the same place that is much different than my current month record when I first enter my friends list... this happens rather quickly and is replaced by my current monthly record. someone else can check to see if they recognize or catch this "longer term record" that merely flashes briefly before your current record is shown...
  • kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 5:36 PM

There are at least 2 types of TC's, first there are the hard core " go for gold boys & girls " then there is my type who can put a good round in sometimes but would rather try and help others. I know some members watch the you tube high lights but just remember that as much as you can watch there shots you will not know all the extras that they add to the shot, only saying what i think, Ps i have never wathed anyone unless they are in a match with me.

Mick

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 8:09 PM

Yes Robert i believe your correct,because we have a monthly running total of our wins and losses,and i know they track xp's obviously. But as you said they aren't tracking stats,like on the pc version. So basically their criteria for promotions in the mobile is shrouded in mystery,because it would be difficult for us to aquire the requiste number of ranked rounds ,since our coin room matches dont count.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:24 PM

kipdog87:
    Robert when i mentioned a number of round that needed to be played, i was meaning after saturation.
    AFAIK, this is not relevant.

A player needs "saturation", that is the required no. of rounds, as one condition to tier up "the basic way". The second one is the average.

Sometimes, when a new tier is announced, a certain no. of rounds may be necessary from that moment on, regardless of their scores.

kipdog87:
    i would like my true H\C shown
    Won't happen, I'm afraid.

One, the HCP is for amateurs, licensed by the USGA - WGT wouldn't mess with that. They calculate an average instead.

Two, in the early days, until 2010, the average was floating, and the tiers floated in parallel. This allowed players to advance to a certain tier, buy better equipment reserved for that tier, and fall back to a lower tier. Then, they had an unfair advantage.

Today, players might delay their promotion and maintain the advantage of the lower tier - dreaded sandbagging!

RSS