Help › Forums

LESS COMMERCIAL TOTAL TIME ... UNDER 60 sedonds PLEASE

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 20 2019 1:45 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pchcoastline
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 2:12 PM

CAN WGT MAYBE LIMIT THE SPOTS TO 45 SECONDS TOTAL... I HAVE HAD TO SIT THROUGH 2:30 SECONDS IN COMMERCIALS... AND WHY IS WGT STILL PLAYING SPRING TRAINING BASEBALL 15 SECOND COMMERCIALS THAT PROVIDE NO VALUE... 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 6:43 PM

Most browsers now have some sort of ad blocker built in. Just activate it. And if it is one of the few that doesn’t it’s rather simple to add one to your  browser. There’s no need to yell when it’s an easy fix on your end.

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 6:54 PM

There kinda is a need to yell because it's IRRITATING and shouldn't be happening in the first place.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 8:51 PM

cedriver:

There kinda is a need to yell because it's IRRITATING and shouldn't be happening in the first place.

LOL.....simply amazing!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 9:03 PM

pchcoastline:

CAN WGT MAYBE LIMIT THE SPOTS TO 45 SECONDS TOTAL... I HAVE HAD TO SIT THROUGH 2:30 SECONDS IN COMMERCIALS... AND WHY IS WGT STILL PLAYING SPRING TRAINING BASEBALL 15 SECOND COMMERCIALS THAT PROVIDE NO VALUE... 

I don't know.

You should ask someone that has been here since 2013 and has already played 28 ranked rounds..............

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 4:42 AM

WGT and TopGolf are for profit businesses. Without the ads and commercials WGT would most likely become a subscription game based on a Netflix type website. I am happy that the original poster is willing to sit through those long pre-game commercials. The more of that type of player who is unwilling to use an ad blocker the more likely that WGT will NOT change to a business model that makes ME pay!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 11:25 AM

HackWilson1930:

WGT and TopGolf are for profit businesses. Without the ads and commercials WGT would most likely become a subscription game based on a Netflix type website. I am happy that the original poster is willing to sit through those long pre-game commercials. The more of that type of player who is unwilling to use an ad blocker the more likely that WGT will NOT change to a business model that makes ME pay!

By George - I think he's got it!

(with apologies to "My Fair Lady")

;-0

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 2:14 PM

Ah.

• BazookahJoe
    19 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 12:47 PM

HackWilson1930:

Sounds perfectly reasonable, except the OTHER part of the business model is charging as much for virtual golf balls as real ones. I personally have spent enough to warrant exemption from commercials. No doubt. Slows play, unnecessary. I don't agree with the tone, but the sentiment - yes.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 2:50 PM

BazookahJoe:

HackWilson1930:

Sounds perfectly reasonable, except the OTHER part of the business model is charging as much for virtual golf balls as real ones. I personally have spent enough to warrant exemption from commercials. No doubt. Slows play, unnecessary. I don't agree with the tone, but the sentiment - yes.

The business model is that WGT provides a totally free space to play, free starter clubs and balls, and a structured tournament system that you can play in free.  Ads are extremely common if free games, and this one is no different.  For every thing above the free stuff, you pay the rate they set.  

• PAGES
RSS