Forums

Help › Forums

Pebble Beach New Pin #11

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 10 2019 11:11 AM (7 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 4:09 PM

I think that they may have possibly had a new grounds keeper helping when they set the new pins @ Pebble Beach.

I start to struggle trying to qualify for the VUSO. Back to back pars left me at 8 under through 10, and I really needed to start making some birds. I am in a bad spot on 11, but hit what I think is the perfect putt. 

As I walk the putt in, I see the putt do... absolutely nothing. There is no lip out, no bump as if it is going to fast, nothing. It just keeps moving slowly right over the hole, painting the entire hole with it's vapor trail. lol This is not a complaint (or the first time), just a WTF just happened moment. It is not nearly as bad as hitting the invisible tree in the middle of Merion's 18th fairway, but worthy of a share for a laugh none the less.

Watching with the flag pulled and camera 2 is the best way to get maximum pleasure form this direct miss. lol

The return putt was a real knee knocker, wondering if the hole was there or not.

Cheers   Brett

PS Thank you for the new pins WGT! What a fun change of pace.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 6:09 AM
    Wow! Went right over the hole. I can see what you mean about the come backer, I would be worried also.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 7:54 AM

Upon closer inspection...........;-)

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 8:03 AM

YankeeJim:

WOW! What a difference. I have to admit , I never watched it from that angle.  At least that verifies which side it missed on . I thought it must be that side, but wasn't sure. 😂 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 9:05 AM

BPeterson8256:

YankeeJim:

WOW! What a difference. I have to admit , I never watched it from that angle.  At least that verifies which side it missed on . I thought it must be that side, but wasn't sure. 😂 

I hate when that happens!

Of course, what is depicted is not always exactly what the math says in the program.  I don't know how many times my ball appears to be cleanly in the fairway but the game says "rough".  Takes a while to get used to that!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 10:32 AM

BPeterson8256:
    WOW! What a difference. I have to admit , I never watched it from that angle.  At least that verifies which side it missed on .

When you see something like this on the replay be ready to hit the pause button while you're watching it. Once paused use the right click option to zoom in as far as you need to to see what happened.  :-)

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 1:59 PM

You do not want to be anywhere long and left of that new pin..or at all long for that matter or you'll always have about a 10 ft putt coming back unless you can snake one in.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 11:11 AM

devonnnnn:
    You do not want to be anywhere long and left of that new pin..or at all long for that matter or you'll always have about a 10 ft putt coming back unless you can snake one in.

Yep, that pin has definately cost me a few restarts after a great front 9. I also think 13 is tough if you land in the wrong place

RSS