Forums

Help › Forums

Clash... Time for a change

Fri, Jun 10 2022 12:45 PM (65 replies)
  • Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 11:21 AM

rjteeithi:

I find you comical, a 1 trick pony tour chumpion who can't play the game any other way doesn't like it - blocked for life Kenbo00

carry on.

VVVVVVVVV

You basically described the opposite of how I play. But to each their own. I just want to see the clash be fun again. I have played in it plenty and am just seeing less and less participation.

Any time you want to play... hit me up.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 5:07 PM

Kenbo00:

You basically described the opposite of how I play. But to each their own. I just want to see the clash be fun again. I have played in it plenty and am just seeing less and less participation.

Any time you want to play... hit me up.

I think you got the original author of that part incorrect. That player (rjteeithi) was quoting goldeena.

For Goldeena's post, see page 1 of this thread. The other player's post it at the bottom of page 2. He simply referred to her post as "boorish." Not saying he's wrong. :-) 

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 2:04 AM

Yes. Sorry, that was meant for goldeena:

It's all good... everyone has a right to their opinion. I stepped away from the game for the last 6 months for a break. But it looks like the clash hasn't changed much. The main reason I don't like impossible conditions clash after clash is because I used to average 139-150 rounds per clash. It was beating the crap out of me long after I got my gp with Bro. I just wanted to enjoy different conditions each clash. I'm just playing for fun these days

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 8:37 AM

No worries.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying the game these days. After all, that's what it's all about: just having fun.

Be safe. 

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 8:26 AM

Yup playing the clash this week with Gale Winds on Merion & Chambers Bay. As a legend with a 64.6 average, it sure is fun coming in with scores of 5 plus over par. Real enjoyable wasting credits and balls where conditions are beyond playable. There are certain formats that defy reason to invest.

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2020 10:19 AM

BUMP

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:30 PM

Just updating this old post 

STILL 100% AGREE WITH THE POSTER.....UPDATE THE DARN CLASH!!! LIKE THE PRIZE STUCTURE???  CAN WE HAVE SOME INSENTIVE TO MAYBE FINISH IN THE TOP 20 OR 10 EVEN????

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 7:07 AM

In my old club where I was the owner I had a very simple policy - do not play in the clash, it worked and 50 members agreed with me.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:42 PM

JDGHOST:
    Just updating this old post 
    [...]

50 weeks since the last post, and nothing has changed obviously.

How can you think or even only HOPE that anything will change?

This marketing invention WORKS! High participation, cheap prices is the hit!

The numbers necessary to contend have never been so high which means many balls are used and a lot of CC passes are being bought - PLING PLING in WGT's purse.

The Golden Calf wins - always!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:50 PM

I guess your right!!

RSS