Forums

Help › Forums

Turf Wars need to be Overhauled !

Sun, Mar 26 2023 7:23 AM (39 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 12:20 PM

Rick6208:
    Also, for 1 player to earn 906 Million coins just playing in BELAGIO they would have to Win 201 games by themselves in that 1 room ! I don't know if that is Humanly possible !!! 

I am not dismissing your point, just going to point out that you may have forgotten to take into account the likely 15% bonus if the coin apparel is utilized.... now this only alters the number of rounds down to about 176 ( as it is closer to round down but you can't round down if an extra round is required, but the exact bonus points earned could be different than exactly 15%) rounds required in Bellagio (5.175M / 906B = 175.07)

176 rounds in Bellagio is still an absurd number of rounds for one superpass.  The ball hits alone if they are using a quality ball would be ridiculous and it doesn't include the credits spent on CC passes which would also be in the thousands well over 3,000...

Even if you disperse those rounds across 25 people, they are all still using up ball hits unless they are undermining the game and throwing matches with forfeits.  

Here is an estimate on ball hits not factoring in potential tie breaks. 

L61 TM 1.39 1467.84
    L81 TM 1.53 1615.68
    L96 TM 2.083 2199.65
    L70 Titl 2.43 2566.08
    L90 Titl 2.71 2861.76

The average is around 2128 credits and you could easily add in over 3,700 in CC passes for  at least 100 purchased passes... Now they can be obtained cheaper but I am offsetting that a fair amount by not including 76 passes... So for just one of these big TW clubs they are potentially expending over 5,828 credits to win one superpass.  

Maybe you can see why WGT doesn't care to change anything because people are silly enough to go overboard for hardly any real reason... they don't even get a golden putter.  LOL... 

If the mobile TW community truly wanted to get WGT's attention they would stop the insanity set forth under the current setup... present a formulated request of what would seem more plausible, while also trying to recognize WGT is still looking to make money off of this while offering a more realistic and competitive approach that could potentially be implemented ( consider consulting a techie or someone familiar with how much it would take to alter with writing new code). 

Until then, you would just have to agree to stop playing.... because as long as it continues to work for WGT as it currently functions they will see no real reason to change anything...  

Until then... thank you for buying into the madness because it is potentially keeping the ball cost and equipment cost down for the rest of us... : )

BTW, I am not discrediting those who find some form of competitive value  or team spirit in their TW or Clash dash… or WGT desire to try and find a way to coerce people to play more than they would otherwise.    Just throwing out a few points and offering some rationale as to why concerns may not have really been taken seriously before.  Your $$$ and credits spent speak more than your words... at least that is my take but I could be wrong.  

• Rick6208
    2,144 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 12:52 PM

Thank you for pointing out the math el3nl and your absolutely right I did not take the apparel bonus into consideration which brings it down from 201 rounds to 176 rounds by 1 individual which is still HARD TO BELIEVE ,so he played in Monaco and again well within the rules set out by WGT

which brings me back to the TURF WARS need to overhauled !  if the opposing player wins in Manhattan room , a average player might take a chance at winning and playing in Tokyo twice to match that win, but NO WAY are they going to play 4 times in Manhattan and once in Tokyo to match a Belagio Win ! So WGT is shooting itself in the foot by allowing these rooms to be open during a Turf War, just because people give up if the score is out of hand

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 1:22 PM

As I mentioned Rick -- I wasn't disagreeing with you.... and in regards to 

Rick6208:
    So WGT is shooting itself in the foot by allowing these rooms to be open during a Turf War

I would say yes and no.  Even though others that may give up when they are completely outmatched... I have rarely seen the big TW clubs just fold or quit playing... because as I understand it the "trophies" earned or won can be dependent on their score or how much they win by... So, the big TW clubs continue to plug through rounds so as not to lose their overall position in the larger standings, which is what they may care about more than the superpass which virtually has no value after spending that many credits.  

So, while smaller clubs may not participate as much, the big clubs that are spending all the credits are easily off setting the lack of participation... so as I understand it, while it seems or may appear WGT is losing participation of a handful of people they have somehow coerced a much larger group of people or maybe even smaller group of people to participate in such a massive scale it easily offsets the lack of participation of those of us that just give up... why, because we are not necessarily buying passes anyway.  But the TW clubs are!  

An overhaul would require the top TW clubs to alter their approach and it seems that will be hard to do.  And as long as they are buying into the current format, I doubt WGT will change anything if they are making money on it.

It is why, I thank them for their participation because it likely keeps costs down for the rest of us.  We don't all have to drink the cool aid to enjoy the benefits of those that do.  

Smaller clubs can just pick their battles and save their credits when out matched.  

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 1:30 PM

Why punish players who are willing and able to go play Bellagio by removing it from the turf war? I'm sorry that there is NO WAY your guys are going to play 4 times in Manhattan to keep up, but that's not anyone's problem but yours.

If turf wars are limited to Manhattan and lower there's no way I can keep up with a club 2-4 times my size (I'm the only one in my club who plays Bellagio). 

Changing the rules because you are unwilling or unable play Bellagio is ridiculous. 

Rick6208:

Thank you for pointing out the math el3nl and your absolutely right I did not take the apparel bonus into consideration which brings it down from 201 rounds to 176 rounds by 1 individual which is still HARD TO BELIEVE ,so he played in Monaco and again well within the rules set out by WGT

which brings me back to the TURF WARS need to overhauled !  if the opposing player wins in Manhattan room , a average player might take a chance at winning and playing in Tokyo twice to match that win, but NO WAY are they going to play 4 times in Manhattan and once in Tokyo to match a Belagio Win ! So WGT is shooting itself in the foot by allowing these rooms to be open during a Turf War, just because people give up if the score is out of hand

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 1:49 PM

We have a player who at the time wanted to beat an ex members club TW points record. At the time, we were not using Monaco. So to do that he played 80 Bellagio matches, winning 52 of them. Each win was worth 5,193,000 with apparel coin attributes. His total for that war was 272 million all by himself and all legit wins. He played 19 hours with 5 hours sleep and at one point went 3 hours without a loss!  That’s a feat I don’t think anyone would attempt to match! He did it to erase a name on the board so his goal was personal. 

Since then our guys will play Monaco against teams that aren’t competing anyway so that club record has fallen. Like the clashes, you are rarely matched up against a club that competes on the same level. Smaller clubs can start a new TurfWar daily while larger clubs have a lot more passes to go through so they play every 3rd day. Obviously clubs Turfing everyday are going to find themselves high on the leaderboard. 

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 1:49 PM

We have a player who at the time wanted to beat an ex members club TW points record. At the time, we were not using Monaco. So to do that he played 80 Bellagio matches, winning 52 of them. Each win was worth 5,193,000 with apparel coin attributes. His total for that war was 272 million all by himself and all legit wins. He played 19 hours with 5 hours sleep and at one point went 3 hours without a loss!  That’s a feat I don’t think anyone would attempt to match! He did it to erase a name on the board so his goal was personal. 

Since then our guys will play Monaco against teams that aren’t competing anyway so that club record has fallen. Like the clashes, you are rarely matched up against a club that competes on the same level. Smaller clubs can start a new TurfWar daily while larger clubs have a lot more passes to go through so they play every 3rd day. Obviously clubs Turfing everyday are going to find themselves high on the leaderboard. 

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 3:07 PM

Agreed. If you are going to compete against strong clubs, you will have to play the bigger rooms. As it stands currently, 1 pass in Monaco for a large amount can decide the outcome and cost WGT a lot of revenue as nobody else would need to play. 

• Rick6208
    2,144 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 8:21 PM

So the half a dozen or so Clubs like the current Turf War set up ! and the Thousand or so other Clubs well to bad ! 

every sport in the World is looking for parity , just to avoid that kind of thing, the Club Clashes same deal same top 3 clubs so its fine for them

No , its got to change , strong clubs will still be strong but won't be blowing everyone else out of the water unless they really work for it , not just Win in Belagio or Monaco but again thats WGT call

• ArgoGeorge1970
    344 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:29 PM
    Hi Guys Just to add to the discussion... Kelly's Heroes got matched up with us in a TW just after TLF did. The "guy" in question, the one who racks up hundreds of millions, managed to accumulate 400M in under an hour. The first HOUR! No way you can do that in Bellagio. Zero chance! We backed off completely in the second hour and they finished with 900M. Normally we're good for about 20M but we didn't even bother. Spoiled the fun totally. I'm not sure of who the other clubs are that are abusing the TW, but our new policy is we will not play KH if we get matched up against them again. Not one single pass will be used. Simple solution, get rid of Monaco All-In. Period. I agree that Bellagio should stay. But make it a 9 or 18 hole round. You wanna make big coins, you gotta put in the time. Something tells me KH's totals would drop overnight. Cutting corners like this ruins the game for all of us that truly enjoy playing. There's no fun in it and WGT will lose more members than gain if they don't something about this soon. With regards to true club vs club action, it's a pain in the rear trying to set it up manually. I wish WGT would give us the option to set up a bracket style tourney (for example) of club vs club. Even charge us 5crs to play. Whatever. Look, I don't take this game as seriously as some other club owners. But I created Studio 54 for people to have fun. We all get a little stressed out at Clash time but we enjoy it. Stirs the chat room up. And our PC players can contribute as well. But this TW thing has to be overhauled. Just my 2 cents...
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:59 PM

ArgoGeorge1970:
    our new policy is we will not play KH if we get matched up against them again. Not one single pass will be used. Simple solution, get rid of Monaco All-In. Period.

you do know that the top 10 clubs can crank out a billion or more without even using monaco right?

and 20 million is a drop. one person can beat that total with just an hour or two  of playing bellagio.

RSS