Forums

Help › Forums

Turf Wars need to be Overhauled !

Sun, Mar 26 2023 7:23 AM (39 replies)
  • HalHoff
    788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 6:54 AM

All of this was brought to WGTs attention last September when the top TurfClubs created a committee to try and get Monaco taken out of TurfWar points. Hundreds of emails were sent with the same generic response that they will look into it, Just like your previous request for Clash prizes worth playing for....Nothing has changed. Gentleman’s agreements not to play Monaco doesn’t  work either. Top clubs are now playing Monaco, most stream their matches on the Omlet Arcade app so from that standpoint, the wins are legit. Our reason for asking for no Monaco in  the first place was the scenario described a couple posts above. 

The only way to get a true Club vs Club battle isn’t in clash or turf war. Those are just about spending on passes. We use an app called TELEGRAM to communicate within our club. We can also communicate with clubs that have it and set up matches to play. You can both set up a 4 round tourney with same exact conditions, then compare whatever you agree on ie. Top 25, Top 40, Top 100 scores etc. We have guys that download that info onto excel and it gives your club team average score. Those contest tourneys are easy to set up as long as one person on other club has telegram. Also no problem with Mobile and PC players entering.

Another way we have done it if both teams are on TELEGRAM is set up H2H matches between players. Potential problems with that is you can’t match up PC vs Mobile. Also WGTs unwillingness to take PUTT PREVIEW out of H2H friendly matches can be a concern as not using it is on honor system. At any rate, we have played several of these matches since the beginning of the year and they have been quite fun. We are a mobile club and would look forward to playing others in events like these (multi round tourney being easiest). Let us know if any of this interests you. If you are in TELEGRAM, you can search for me by typing in @halhoff or @vmfgclub in the search box.

• HalHoff
    788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 7:09 AM

Clubs that have participated with VMFG so far this year are Classic Club (twice), BananaSplits, NYCCountry Club and Silver Mine so I’m sure they would also be interested in matches with other clubs too. 

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 7:29 AM

Thank You HalHoff, sounds like a great system, do all the players who play have to download this app ? 

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 8:14 AM

right now my Club is in a Club Challenge with Bro Country and its been a great experience But very hard to organize, to get the pairs to meet up at a specific time, making sure their both mobile or PC players matched up etc.

WGT has the CLUB CLASH program already written and with some modifications it could be adapted to the Turf War.  Club vrs Club , 9 hole game with 24 hours to get your round in, the top scores from each club , If one club has only 10 players the other has 20 well only the top 10 scores count but bonus points given to member participants , long putt , holed shot, and if you do come up against a dead Club , than it basically becomes a Club Tourney! must use a pass to play and winning Club gets a Super pass for the next Club Clash

Right Now we know the current Turf War system does not work and there seems to be so many ways to beat the system its unreal, I know in my Club when the score gets out of control my members shut it down! I don't blame them and lots of Clubs are in the same boat

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 12:04 PM

I didn't start out in Bellagio. I didn't even start in Tokyo. I had to play long enough to earn enough coins simply to play in Bellagio. I practiced a lot in order to compete there (and believe me it's not all tour champions there...plenty of champs, tour legends, and legends). 

You can take the "it takes X amount of games in this room to equal that room" argument all the way down to Paris, but that doesn't make it valid. To say it's not fair doesn't make sense because Bellagio is open to all, and it's not billions of coins getting passed around. My club is 1/3 the size of yours, so I would have to play Bellagio if we were to be matched up, and even that might not be enough. 

Rick6208:

As a Tour Champion I know exactly where your coming from, But heres the problem with Belagaio, you play 3 holes win 4.5 million, for anyone who is not a Tour Champion to match that they have to play 4 times in Manhattan and once in Tokyo and win thats 13 holes of Golf and Win to your 1 game and Win .  Thats not fair, in my opinion , now if the 2 opposing Clubs from each Club meet up in Belagio well at least thats a CLUB vrs CLUB CONTEST

• HalHoff
    788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 3:17 PM

Putting up over a billion points using Bellagio only is not a problem for the top Turf clubs FYI. When we have TurfWars with those top clubs and use the gentleman’s agreement of No Monaco, 1 billion to 1.5 billion is what it takes to win. Everyone in club uses passes in the battle. You actually are playing the opponents in those rooms a lot of the time. All that can be negated by one pass played in Monaco by the opponent. That is the frustrating part. 

• HalHoff
    788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 3:37 PM

Rick6208:

Thank You HalHoff, sounds like a great system, do all the players who play have to download this app ? 

Scenario 1.

If both clubs agree on a 4 round single play tourney (each club picking 2 courses, tees, wind, green speed and time frame) it is easy for just one person be in contact with our club. Leaderboards can be coordinated and decided how many of the players scores will count toward the contest. Results can then be shared back with your club and you can spread that news however your club communicates. PC and mobile can both take part in the tourney that way.

Scenario 2. 

In order for clubs to play individual H2H it is easiest to coordinate if all players join the telegram app. We set up a team room as well as a scorecard posting room. Team room can be used to go over the rules for example 1 9 hole stroke play round against opponent, 1 9 hole Match play round against an opponent. Can decide if each side plays 1 opposing member or 3 opposing members etc by placing in groups. Also have to decide if apparel is ok to wear. We always ask that NO PUTT PREVIEW allowed. Unfortunately that has to be on the honor system as WGT allows it for some stupid reason in head to head friendly matches. Other problem is if the club has PC and Mobile players. Our club is 99% mobile so we couldn’t match up with a PC heavy club. Setting these up takes a lot more coordination but is relatively easy once everyone is on the app.

If interested in setting up a club vs club tourney or H2H match...

Download the free TELEGRAM with the Blue and White paper airplane icon.

In settings make your FIRST Name: your WGT name

make your Last Name: your real first name. Then down near your phone number (used only to send you an activation code, nobody can see it) enter your USER Name: your WGT name again. 

‘You can then use the search box and type in @halhoff or @vmfgclub

If someone is interested in playing us and doesn’t want to download telegram, you can email our coordinater at andyinadl68@gmail.com and he can figure out how to make it happen!

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:15 AM

HalHoff:

Clubs that have participated with VMFG so far this year are Classic Club (twice), BananaSplits, NYCCountry Club and Silver Mine so I’m sure they would also be interested in matches with other clubs too. 

I know NYC CC would be up for this type of match. We've had several as well and are about to start another.

Telegram is a good app. NYCCC uses the Discord app for the same thing. One advantage of using either app is they give you the option of voice chat for those that sometimes find chatting during a match a bit cumbersome.

P.S. Thanks Hal and VMFG for the very enjoyable matches, it was great fun. I'm sure we will get together again.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:16 AM

I am in Kellys Heroes and 1 guy did get 906 million in a Monaco match that was streamed on Omlet Arcade App as Halhoff mentioned before. He is ok and doesn't have a hernia (thanks for worrying). There are clubs that are on target to put 1.5-2 billion coins in 24 hours playing Bellagio only. It is the way coins are counted and with the coins apparel it is easier to hit higher numbers. It really comes down to the rooms the players play as I stated before and how WGT counts the coins. So the 1.3 billion is weak but then again we didn't have a worthy opponent to try to put numbers up and Monaco was in play so he wanted to try to double up and he did part of the risk / reward and the 15% bonus for using the pass was a nice ~150m bonus :-)

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 10:04 AM

Don't get me wrong Kellys KICK OUR BUTTS fair and square as the rules allow in WGT Congratulations!  but what im saying is these rooms while there open to both Clubs, most players don't go in there ! if those 2 rooms Belagio and Monaco were eliminated from the Turf Wars , YES you would have probably still won but the score would have been a lot closer and more fun for the players in the game!

Also, for 1 player to earn 906 Million coins just playing in BELAGIO they would have to Win 201 games by themselves in that 1 room ! I don't know if that is Humanly possible !!! 

Anyhow Good Luck to you guys, A Win is a Win but embarrassing the other Club well thats a matter of Choice, My Club and others call off the DOGS when the other Club has given up!

RSS