Forums

Help › Forums

Turf Wars need to be Overhauled !

Sun, Mar 26 2023 7:23 AM (39 replies)
  • Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 8:12 AM

The current Turf War , Club vrs Club is Broken !!! I can play 10 games in a Turf War and never play a game against the opposing Club ????? Its not a Club vrs Club , it a race to see who can get the most Wins in the Belagio room or God Forbid Monaco ! Its a race for Silver Coins, nothing to do with Club Vrs Club !

What If ..... a Turf War is on , you click on the Turf War icon, and a window lets you choose a 1, 3 or 9 hole game against ONLY the opposition ! you wait until a member from the opposing Club matches up against you! Depending on the game you choose points are awarded , more points for 9 hole games etc. Nothing to do with coins, a True Head to Head match against the opposing Club !

Now thats a True Club vrs Club contest ! the winning Club gets their Superpass for the Club Clash event !

Any thoughts ? Is this to hard for WGT to create ? if so , than eliminate the Belagio and Monaco rooms from the Turf Wars !

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:09 AM

Most if not all would agree that eliminating Monaco from the turf wars is a great idea. Most of the top clubs agree not to use it (unless the other side breaks the agreement).

But why eliminate Bellagio? 3 holes to win 4.5 million coins, nothing wrong with that. What's next, eliminate Manhattan and Tokyo? 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 11:15 AM

As much as I like the idea it might not work, There are some clubs that are mobile only and some that only have a few mobile players so you might sit there and never get a player from the opposing CC. 

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 12:56 PM

Could not agree more about the Mobile vrs PC ! Thats another issue that has to be worked out, PC PLAYERS cannot play in Turf Wars lol again programming issue thats gone on to long !

So If you adopt my format , its very close to Club Clash play, both PC and Mobile app can play it now!  You forget about the coin rooms, you click on Turf War, you go to a course set by WGT , play your head to head match against a player from the opposing Club and winner gets points of some kind

Keep the rooms for games between Club turf wars and club clashes but make Turf Wars real games against the opposing Club !  

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 1:04 PM

As a Tour Champion I know exactly where your coming from, But heres the problem with Belagaio, you play 3 holes win 4.5 million, for anyone who is not a Tour Champion to match that they have to play 4 times in Manhattan and once in Tokyo and win thats 13 holes of Golf and Win to your 1 game and Win .  Thats not fair, in my opinion , now if the 2 opposing Clubs from each Club meet up in Belagio well at least thats a CLUB vrs CLUB CONTEST

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 5:20 PM

my Club Toronto Leaf Fans just played Kellys Heroes in a Turf War, they got 1 BILLION, 399 MILLION Coins to our 35 MILLION LOL

They had 27 members playing to our 79 members

I would bet if you just look at the WiNS AND LOSSES we probably pretty close, but their wins came in BELAGIO and MONACO

Now when you click on the Turf War icon it says CLUB vrs CLUB ! this is a GOLF GAME, so you would think that your going to play golf against members of the opposing club !

NOT run around with a BIG SACK and see which club can get the most amount of USELESS silver coins !

one player on Kellys Heroes got 906 MILLION COINS ON HIS OWN! I HOPE HE GOT A HERNIA bringing them back to his Club house ! lol

Come on guys , lets bring this back to a Golf Game, with Head to Head games against the Club members based on WINS & Losses , I don't think its ROCKET SURGERY !

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 6:02 PM

Great idea, but there's no way to implement a true club vs club Turf War. Because the timing of the match is based on reaching a certain amount of club passes used in order to trigger the match, there's just too much of the possibility that one club with a lot of a mismatch in player numbers.

As a side note, Kelly's Heros plays a lot of Bellagio and doesn't play the Monaco room. They don't need to, especially the guy you are referring to as he's one of the top mobile players. 

If all that you are looking for is a club vs club match, there's a lot of mobile clubs that set up a one on one match competition. They are fun and a great way to make some new friends  

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 7:10 PM

the guy from Kellys Heroes got 906 MILLION on his own ! their Club got 1 BILLION 399 MILLION COINS its impossible to get that just from BELAGIO alone !

But like I said this is a Golf game the last time I checked , not a run a round with a sack gathering up as many coins as you can in a time period lol

The trigger of using the club passes can stay the same, 24 hour period to play head to head against the opposing Club members using a Club Pass stays the same, but its based on head to head victories , maybe have 1,3, or 9 hole games that are worth more

• LightsOut1120
    1,818 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 10:43 PM

I also believe guys leave their clubs temporarily, coordinate thru apps to match up against buddies from their own club in monaco and take turns forfeiting.  I think if you leave a club perhaps you cannot re-enter till war is over, or 10 days, 30 days whatever.  Just so long as they cant just go right back in their club and continue business as usual.  if you cant leave your club and come right back i think this would help a lot as well

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 5:44 AM

WOW ! thats Amazing LightsOut ! For some players its not about competition , its about how they can beat the system! 

Thank you for enlightening us !

RSS