Help › Forums

WGT Platform Compatabilties

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 5 2021 1:38 PM (9 replies)
  • COKEHEAD
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 8:51 AM

Good Day,

This has probably been answered already but I do not have the patience to go spelunking  throughout the dark bowels of the web.  Can WGT be played across multiple platforms at the same time?  In other words, my friend is using an I-PAD and I am using a laptop. So far, we have not had much luck connecting up with each other.  My friend seems to think that it is platform related meaning only laptop vs. laptop, I-Pad vs. IPad etc.  I find it hard to believe that it is true but I'm not certain.  If it isn't true, how does one accomplish it?  Many thanks to everyone for listening.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 9:31 AM
    COKEHEAD:

Good Day,

This has probably been answered already but I do not have the patience to go spelunking  throughout the dark bowels of the web.  Can WGT be played across multiple platforms at the same time?  In other words, my friend is using an I-PAD and I am using a laptop. So far, we have not had much luck connecting up with each other.  My friend seems to think that it is platform related meaning only laptop vs. laptop, I-Pad vs. IPad etc.  I find it hard to believe that it is true but I'm not certain.  If it isn't true, how does one accomplish it?  Many thanks to everyone for listening.

Your friend is correct in as far as it goes. Any mobile device vs Any mobile device. I-pad Iphone Android tablet Android phone. Any type of computer on the web vs any type of computer on the web. There are a couple of Android emulators that will allow you to play WGT mobile on a computer. They are Blue Stacks and Nox. But with the last update I found on my PC the meter was so bad that it was unplayable. If you have an Iphone,an Android phone, or an Android tablet phone it might be just as easy to install WGT mobile on your phone or tablet and play your friend on it. You still play with the same account that you play on your lap top just on the mobile version.
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 10:32 AM

COKEHEAD:
    This has probably been answered already but I do not have the patience to go spelunking  throughout the dark bowels of the web. 

Joe answered your question pretty well, but you do not need to search the web - start with the FAQ and the search button located conveniently to the right on this screen!

+++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Note - there are two versions of this game - one is the one for PC at wgt.com and the other is a separate APP for mobile devices.  They are linked to the same databases but are not one and the same.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2019 10:42 AM

I use the Nox emulator with the android mobile app and have some success playing. I do prefer my PC; however the emulator makes it possible to get lots of free credits by watching 2 credit videos that are not available on the computer version.

Nox can be downloaded and the app picked up for free from the app store that shows up after Nox is opened. 

Try it and if nothing else, get some free credits.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:21 PM
    twinponds169:

andwhy67:
    Strange question from a level 2 hack

LOL, and one that's been a member of WGT for over 11 years.

Wondering how his one friend accumulated 6 grand in earnings, his stats are horrible.

you must have only looked at the top portion of NasaGolfer's profile page and not his blog. Most of his lifetime earnings came from winning one tournament. The first Virtual U.S. Open in 2009 He never played very well after that.
  • Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 2:03 PM

So ipad vs tablet? What say you?

• BIGAL123
    200 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 5:45 PM

The OP is a level 2 HACK and joined in Jan 2008.  Not sure he cares which one.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2021 10:46 PM

BIGAL123:

The OP is a level 2 HACK and joined in Jan 2008.  Not sure he cares which one.

The OP posted the query 2 years ago and appears to be long gone.

• Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 1:38 PM

Asking for any opinion I can can. 

• Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 1:38 PM

Asking for any opinion I can can. 

RSS