Help › Forums

Announcement: Last Chance Flash Sale

Fri, May 10 2019 3:20 PM (118 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:12 AM

WGTChampion:

DampandDusty:

So, Champion, does this mean there will be LOADS of new equipment coming out to replace all those being removed???

PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT NEW EQUIPMENT

There will be new equipment. More info soon ;-P

_CHAMPION 

Will we finally get that 375 yd driver Champ?   ;) Lololol

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:14 AM

DampandDusty:

So, Champion, does this mean there will be LOADS of new equipment coming out to replace all those being removed???

There are loads of clubs you are removing that I was working my way towards as I move up the levels and I can't even buy them in the sale, because they are not yet unlocked to me??

I am thinking a lot of players are in this position and we need equipment to upgrade to progress in the game. I've just made legend and will (eventually) need longer and more accurate clubs, for example especially in the driver/3 wood/iron set categories.

PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT NEW EQUIPMENT

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You might not have been around when they removed the Nike clubs. Basically, they pulled the Nike clubs and replaced them with Callaways at the same time. 

Soon, you'll probably see an announcement similar to this one when they replaced the Nike clubss. 

https://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/2017/01.aspx

I think what you can expect to see is some rebranded equipment (maybe Titleist?) with slightly better characteristics but at a bit higher price. But I would expect all the clubs to be at comparable levels (for example, what you can purchase at Level 90 now, you'll be able to get something very comparable at Level 90 with the new offerings).

Still, I'd bet money the new equipment will cost slightly more. 

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:44 AM

Thanks Robert1893.

No, I wasn't around then, but I like the look of some of the Nike equipment that some people still have in their bags.

I just need something to aim for...esp now I am Legend and playing from the back tees (it's an adjustment, for sure...)

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:44 AM

New and slightly (perhaps)  better always (ALWAYS) costs more. Apple's iphone is one of the best examples. But peoples always line up for the newest and (perhaps) better things.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 1:52 PM
    Jimbog1964:

Even in pixel land the place needed a huge shake up.  

very true, so much old equipment in the pro shop for years, we should have more variety at all levels, its definitely time for a shake up, for sure
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 1:55 PM

I'm guessing replacements with same specs  but with up to date graphics for the new models.  

Only thing that would get my attention really is Yellow Pro V's, and a 64 degree Callaway wedge. But then again, I like new stuff LOL.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 1:59 PM

hpurey:
    a 64 degree Callaway wedge.

For sure the wedge.

And I know their old but re-introduce the R11's for a one time, I like old stuff!

*edit* now just wait for the .....well TM stopped blah blah blah!!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 2:16 PM
    The pro-shop definitely needed a shake up when the best driver available is the TM R1. I can get a second hand R1 for cheaper in real life than it is here...lol. Hopefully we get the Titleist TS2 & TS3 or the Callaway epic flash.
  • TTWEDGEPLAY
    12 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 2:18 PM

Yes are they going to add new equipment or new brand or just clearing some out thank you

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 3:07 PM

DampandDusty:

Thanks Robert1893.

No, I wasn't around then, but I like the look of some of the Nike equipment that some people still have in their bags.

I just need something to aim for...esp now I am Legend and playing from the back tees (it's an adjustment, for sure...)

You're very welcome. No doubt, the jump to Legend is probably the biggest adjustment of any of the tiers. But I also think it's the best tier. 

Best of luck! 

RSS