Forums

Help › Forums

what is a CC & why join?

Sat, Sep 12 2020 3:35 AM (7 replies)
  • RSBDrum
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 5:10 PM

What is a CC, I belong to one but what are the advantages of joining one?

• sueomeara
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 8:34 AM

A country Club is or should be somewhere you can make friends have fun and improve your game while you enjoy yourself.

If that's what your looking for then you should check out my club The Wolf Pack Country Club, I see that you are the only one still playing in yours, I can't send you an invite until you have left yours first.

If you want to know more about my club just let me know I have sent you a friend invite.

Sue

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:52 AM

RSBDrum:

Well first off its evident that you dont play much .L89 Tour Pro 7 year old account . Also you are in a dead club and I do mean DEAD . You are the only active member in your club . The owner bailed out back in 2013 and the rest of the members have quit the game as well . So under your current conditions there is no benefit for you to remain where you are .

The CC stands for Country Club by the way and the reasons for joining are simple . We join to form friendships have friends to play with . The other perks are few however due to WGT`s lack of involvement . In the active clubs you can get a free putter / shot pal for as long as you are in a club with those benefits . Also you get to play in tournaments with a better chance of winning than the regular monthly`s held by WGT . 

All other benefits help the club owners but have no value for its members . Sorry but thats just the way it is . Some helpful advice for you . Stop wasting your money on those expensive Titleist balls . You dont really play enough or have the clubs to get the most out of them . 

But in spite of the lack of`s you can still have fun in a club . Go join an active club and make friends among its members . Who knows you may even find members playing from your local community . There are players here who do actual meet and greets and become real life friends . Best of luck to you .

• Next260
    2,189 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 6:41 PM

lonniescott711:

RSBDrum:

Well first off its evident that you dont play much .L89 Tour Pro 7 year old account . Also you are in a dead club and I do mean DEAD . You are the only active member in your club . The owner bailed out back in 2013 and the rest of the members have quit the game as well . So under your current conditions there is no benefit for you to remain where you are .

The CC stands for Country Club by the way and the reasons for joining are simple . We join to form friendships have friends to play with . The other perks are few however due to WGT`s lack of involvement . In the active clubs you can get a free putter / shot pal for as long as you are in a club with those benefits . Also you get to play in tournaments with a better chance of winning than the regular monthly`s held by WGT . 

All other benefits help the club owners but have no value for its members . Sorry but thats just the way it is . Some helpful advice for you . Stop wasting your money on those expensive Titleist balls . You dont really play enough or have the clubs to get the most out of them . 

But in spite of the lack of`s you can still have fun in a club . Go join an active club and make friends among its members . Who knows you may even find members playing from your local community . There are players here who do actual meet and greets and become real life friends . Best of luck to you .

+ 1,000 Get out of that dead club and find an active one .

there are many benefits , if you choose , check out Valley of the Sun.

• GARYC147
    146 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 9:23 AM

I have tried to reply on other threads but do not seem to be able to post.  I would like to join your club (VOTS) if you are still accepting new members.  I left a message on Jim's wall but haven't heard from him.

GARYC147

• SammyGoJesus
    3 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2020 5:50 PM

ANYONE who follows Jesus Christ you are more than welcome to join my club @ https://www.wgt.com/clubs/jesus_christ_is_king/default.aspx. I check it daily to add all new members:)

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 11:27 AM

Hello RSBDrum,

A Country Club that is active is a great place to make new friends, find lots of different tournaments to play in, an active CC forum,  and also to learn from the higher tiered members. 

You also get shot pal and putter pal for free. 

I have been with The Peoples Club for over 7 years and it was the best decision I ever made.  I learned and am still learning so much from the other members.  We are like one big happy family.

Check out this forum post for more details:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/567497.aspx

Best Wishes,

Marion

• TimK560
    45 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 3:35 AM

Agree

Joining a CC is the best way to go. We have a chat app and probably at least a quarter of the members our on it. 

Guys banter back and forth all day and night depending on your time zone. Have weekly and monthly tournaments and we all clash together helping each other out in the chat room. 

I usually play one nine with a member a day but admit I play on and off all day in coin rooms also. Have my own business and work at a computer by myself most the day so I have a game going on and off all day. 

I was just floating around before that. The WGT has gotten better for me since joining a CC. 

My game has gotten a lot better also, benefiting from the high level players experience.

RSS