Help › Forums

WGT Starter Gear Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 22 2020 2:02 PM (4 replies)
  • CharlieBrown007
    238 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 8:01 PM

Hello WGT Team,

I recently started a CC tournament requiring Starter Club Gear only, including starter balls. Our CC, Starter Club Duffers', seems to like the idea. Is it possible for you to create a Starter Club Gear option, similar to the Set of the Week option, for all CC directors to use when setting this particular CC tourney? I believe it would even the odds for all tiers, and as you know some lower tiers will not play CC tournaments because they feel the chance of victory is slim at best. Having that option, I think, would offer a more inclusive atmosphere for all tiers.

Currently, several of our CC members did not read all of the posts referring to Starter Sets Only, and have used their advanced gear to participate. We will, of course, ask those who participated in Round 1 not to continue...

I would appreciate your feedback, and thank you for considering!

Chuck, (CharlieBrown007) 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 12:24 PM

While it is not strictly starter clubs, you can set up tournaments using the "set of the week" clubs. This automatically puts the same clubs in every entrants bag thus eliminating any advantage based solely on equipment, 

Why not try this feature?  If you would set up the tournament using something other than default tees and default green speeds everyone could play without any advantage other than ball choice.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:16 PM

Loads of fun when all use starter gear...first cc i was in we would do this,  dont matter if u loose a ball or score a 100 its was all about FUN....ZOOM ZOOM meter. 

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:47 AM

CharlieBrown007:

Currently, several of our CC members did not read all of the posts referring to Starter Sets Only, and have used their advanced gear to participate. We will, of course, ask those who participated in Round 1 not to continue...

An age old problem. In a CC I used to own, I made it really clear over 4 or 5 attempts at the starter stuff only tournaments that was all members were to use. The violations continued unabated. It could be a problem related to their refusal to play with inferior equipment which would affect their average or it might be that they just jump in without reading the fine details (even if the tourney has starter stuff in its name) or it could be blatant stupidity.

• PSantos2504
    13 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 2:02 PM

Is your or any CC doing these tournaments regularly? If so, I would like to join.

While trying to create a tournament in my current CC, there is no option to choose starters clubs, there is only "use set of the week" but this set seems to be random.

RSS