Forums

Help › Forums

TO WEDGE PUTT or NOT TO WEDGE PUTT ?

Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:36 AM (71 replies)
  • Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 7:40 AM

Hello All , I'm mostly a Mobile app player , I've notice a huge increase in the amount of players using the Wedge putt in the coin rooms , mostly in Manhattan or Belagio. Now I know how to use it  and in Club tourneys I have used it when faced with a 50 putt with 2 breaks on tournament speed greens and it works quite well !. but not in the coin rooms because if your opponent does not know how to use it , it really is a unfair advantage!

is the Wedge putt illegal ? not sure, WGT has not fixed it if it is a glitch in the system 

Any thoughts out there ?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:04 AM

One post is enough - I suggest to use the other one in "Bug Log".

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 9:09 AM

Sorry Alosso I didn't know you were the KEEPER of the WGT postings lol

I guess you have no opinion about the Wedge Putt ?

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 9:17 AM

sorry guys did not realize this has been debated before, I just noticed it has become more prevalent now. It is LEGAL on WGT so thats what I needed to here

Thanks to All who posted !

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:08 AM

Regulation ball. Regulation club. Legal.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:47 AM

@Rick6208

While you appear to have got the answer you're looking for, I just want to note that there is no "unfair advantage."

An unfair advantage is not created simply because a player doesn't know how to use a particular tool or how to execute a specific shot. The player could learn it.

An unfair advantage is when one player can use the tool or has the ability to make a certain type of shot but the other player is prevented from doing so by something external to the player. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 11:16 AM

dchallenger:
    Regulation ball. Regulation club. Legal

True, Open championship quite a few years ago, American Mark Calcavechia at St Andrews, on one of the really large double greens used a wedge, divot was the size of a dinner plate.

Many boo's from the crowd, but totally legal according to the rules of golf (R&A)

Except now I take it in WGT land!!

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 11:18 AM

Robert1893:
    While you appear to have got the answer you're looking for, I just want to note that there is no "unfair advantage."

An unfair advantage is not created simply because a player doesn't know how to use a particular tool or how to execute a specific shot. The player could learn it.

An unfair advantage is when one player can use the tool or has the ability to make a certain type of shot but the other player is prevented from doing so by something external to the player. 

Bob Loblaw

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 11:20 AM

"The best wedges on greens compilation 2018"

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 11:37 AM

Some camera angles have been removed there Robert!!  ;-)

RSS