Forums

Help › Forums

New wgt course for 2019?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 1 2019 12:10 PM (4 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2019 4:56 PM

Since WGT are way overdue for a new course from Great Britain, how about Royal Portrush? It’s not quite on the level with other Open rota courses so I assume the club’s board will not be too snooty about its appearance in WGT. Plus they’re also holding some kind of tournament there this summer. I’m crossing my fingers for this to actually happen. 

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:03 AM
    Yes why not, 2020 has been named for a new course to arrive by WGT. Bandon 18 holes or more if i remember corectly. Bjorn
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:38 AM

Bowl64:
    Yes why not, 2020 has been named for a new course to arrive by WGT. Bandon 18 holes or more if i remember corectly. Bjorn

First of all I’m referring to courses in GB, not the US. We have too many US courses already. Secondly, I know Portrush is in Ireland, but a worthy consideration nevertheless in keeping the tradition of adding Open rota courses to WGT; although 2 can hardly be called a tradition. 

OTOH, I’ve heard great things about Bandon also so any new addition is always welcomed; but does that mean we’re getting nothing for 2019? If so this would be the first time in the history of WGT that no course is introduced for a year, if I recalled correctly. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 11:58 AM

fobby1980:
    but does that mean we’re getting nothing for 2019? If so this would be the first time in the history of WGT that no course is introduced for a year, if I recalled correctly. 

Well, I don't know all the history - I just hope they don't drop any more, like with Oakmont!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 12:10 PM

All good for this year, started photography and green mapping already.

RSS