Forums

Help › Forums

Diamonds In The Sand

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 1 2019 8:55 AM (3 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 6:39 PM

I think it would be fun to try to get my Diamond "at the beach" awards. That's 25 sand shots and still scoring better than 75 for 18 holes, and 13 sand shots while still scoring better than 36 for 9 holes. 

So here is the question... Which 9 holes and which 18 would give me my best chance? (note: I am not above doing this from the red tees)

Any suggestions for this would be appreciated. I have a strong sand game, but playing out of bunkers near the green, yet leaving plenty of green to work with are by far the easiest. I am thinking I will need a course that has bunkers on pretty much every hole. It would also be best if those bunkers are within 70 yards or so of the greens.

Does anyone reading this have their Diamond "at the beach" awards?

Here are a couple answers to questions you may have for me.

1) Yes, I have been drinking tonight.

2) Because they are there.

3) Why not?

4) Miller Lite (I am trying to drop a few LBs)

5) 42 (duh)

Thank you in advance for your ideas,

Brett

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 2:04 AM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 3:51 AM

Don't know if I have the award as never check them.  If I were chasing it just for the award I would consider Beth per the above but also maybe a low wind CC course on slow glue greens...................latter would probably tame just about anywhere enough to make a starter ball fine...................

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 8:55 AM

Just for fun, has anyone ever tried to complete the awards for the following: In The Drink, Choke Relief, Water Boy, and The Yips?

RSS