Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with Gonfission winter 2019 (actually wicked early spring 2019 lol)

Mon, May 6 2019 3:38 AM (108 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:01 PM
    bubbsboy:

Brilliant work Wayne and glad they had a lot of fun.

Driving range into water.....very strange.

Actually Bubbsy, I think that driving range is to get you over the fear of water lol. This course, Arrowhead, has a ton of hidden water, and we were extremely fortunate to be playing with a gentleman who was very familiar w/ the course, else we would have been buying more balls at the turn lol ! As the 1st hole is just to the right of the range (just past the trees you can see in the pic), Gary also informed us to be sure to use a colored ball off the 1st tee...if you hit left there are hundreds of white range balls over there, so good luck finding yours !
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 11:38 AM

mrcaddie:

Gringo the flamingo was having fun and isn't camera shy-

Firstly....is this attire legal to wear in public....let alone on a golf course?

Sounds like an awesome trip and I am stoked Andyson also made the trip....

Some very nice courses, but sounds like a bucket and spade would have been a must have accessory.

On a different note......I have never tried a golf simulator.....actually looks pretty good and I am sure I can card an equally bad score in a sim as on the real course.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 2:39 PM

conveyorguy:
    bubbsboy:

Brilliant work Wayne and glad they had a lot of fun.

Driving range into water.....very strange.

Gary also informed us to be sure to use a colored ball off the 1st tee...if you hit left there are hundreds of white range balls over there, so good luck finding yours !

LOL. Got this picture in my head of folks just going "nope, not that one, nope again, nope..."

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 7:35 PM

Any more updates or photos?

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 12:11 PM

I would like to borrow that outfit for my golf meeting with Ducati.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 8:22 PM

bubbsboy:
    Got this picture in my head of folks just going "nope, not that one, nope again, nope..."

Too funny Bubbs! I can picture that in my head.

The course my golf buddies and I play every week has the driving range between the first and eighteenth holes, if you hook your tee shot on either hole you're screwed...it'll take forever to find your ball.

Check this out, got this card in the mail at work today and it contained a ball marker hat-clip from Tiburon/Naples from Joe-

Thanks Joe!

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 7:42 AM

Happy to do it Wayne. I did not know that it was a marker. Thought it was just bling for your hat.

alanti:
    Firstly....is this attire legal to wear in public....let alone on a golf course?

Only on the fourth Tuesday after a total solar eclipse Alan. Peeps get scared of the sun disappearing, so they tend not to notice such things.

Oddly enough, like the sun, if you stare at me for to long, you go blind.....

Waiting for wife to come home to download all the pics from my phone to my computer...

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 11:31 AM

Eagerly awaitin' the show & tell ( at least the parts that ain't illegal on most continents ).

Doc :)

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 1:21 PM

I HAVE EVOLVED!

I had a momentary lapse of reason, conjoined with a bit of confusion, along the way, but I MADE IT!

I figured out how to down load my pictures from my phone, WHOO HOO!

"Gringo" and his pet flamingo... Ride again

Please take notice of the footwear. I collect "Van's off the wall" series. I am going to ask Foot Joy if they can duplicate these. They have flat soles, I spin like a ballerina while driving in these.

The cloths are bad enough, I don't need to be giving peeps any more ideas while out on the courses  ;-))

Okay, if the mods are kind enough, I should have a novel by night fall. A mornings wake up call for all you on the DARK SIDE of the Atlantic

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 2:36 PM

Duplicitous

RSS