Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • Amisz0
    94 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 2:26 AM

WC final

Amisz0 won vs f1dget. 

Jay had no luck, several lip outs happened, putting didn't work as expected I think. I played consistently even though very low ding rate (it helped sometimes lol). Thanks for the game Jay, it was a pleasure. Cheers!

Edit: hole #5 - 9.8ft to the pin, 2nd shot.

• ujjbnjk
    2,124 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 1:51 PM
    ujjbnjk defeated sunguramdogo in a 18 hole match play game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE. 3/2 was a pretty okey final match...Martin had some ul shots one that flyed 15yds long and one scale putt that made the diff really other then that he played well and was putting very soild...thanks again for match Martin enjoy it. and as always big thanks to paulfinn and his friends that run this great tournament its a pleasure being part of it...see you all next year hopefully :)
  • Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 2:50 PM

Safdar1 vs golfx3, final.

Payton was having some fun, it was a good match, I enjoyed it, Safdar wins 1up.

Congrats to Paragon 1 for a great win and being the World Cup winners!

Thanks to Finn and his team for organising this exemplary tournament once again. Thanks to f1dget (Jay) for leading us to the finals, and thanks to all my opponents for some wonderful games and making new friends. 

See you all next year, fingers crossed.

• golfx3
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 3:04 PM

+1 Enjoyed the match Safdar. You played great. Thanks to everyone who helped set this up. I always have a blast participating in this event every year.

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 10:26 PM

I would like to congratulate Jo and Team Paragon 1 the winners of this years World Cup. Well done gentlemen you should be very proud.

Like many other captains who have stood here before me i would like to say how proud i am to have been given the opportunity of leading my players in this fantastic event. We have been doing it tough with only 9 players but i can tell you this. I would lead the same 9 players in to battle on any given day. Words cannot express how i feel at the moment, this event has bought out the best in my players and it has united us and made us stronger.

Sunguramdogo, Safdar1, Jediknight1976, Tgkomv, Birchi, TheGuydownstairs, Willieret and Plumbolgy stand up and be proud of your efforts boys it was an honor to lead you and it is an experience i will treasure for the remainder of my years.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Finny, Dot, Nico and anyone else who may have had any association with the coordination of this event. You guys put on a FANTASTIC spectacle for all of the community to enjoy. Great work gentlemen thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts.

A big shout out to all of the other teams who made this event possible as well. Remember none of this would have been possible without your participation and dedication,.. thank you :-)

Nearly done.. bit like a Peter Jackson movie never ending,

Thank you to all the sponsors who kindly donated sleeves of balls for the CTTH. That is very generous of you thank you. Last but not least thanks WGT for giving us a great platform to compete in these types of events.

TBR will be back bigger and stronger next year, until then on behalf of myself and the members of TBR we would like to wish everyone the very bust of luck for the remainder of 2019. Keep safe and take care.

Warmest regards,

Jay

• sunguramdogo
    898 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 10:27 PM

ujjbnjk:
    ujjbnjk defeated sunguramdogo in a 18 hole match play game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE. 3/2 was a pretty okey final match...Martin had some ul shots one that flyed 15yds long and one scale putt that made the diff really other then that he played well and was putting very soild...thanks again for match Martin enjoy it. and as always big thanks to paulfinn and his friends that run this great tournament its a pleasure being part of it...see you all next year hopefully :)

Tyvm Peter, yes some strange shots but that is normal for me :) Tyvm gents for a great WC, and hat of to Paragon and organizers of this lovely event!  

// Martin

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 10:53 PM

Congratulations to Paragon for winning the World Cup! You guys put up a great fight at the end. Thanks to Jay, our captain, for leading our small team to the finals. All 9 players of our team had to play every single match from the very beginning to get to the finals. Thanks to my fellow teammates for putting on such an exhibition!

Thanks to Finny, Dot, Nico and everyone else involved in organising such a great event. You guys were flawless!! I met some more very great players here on WGT because of this event. And that's what it's all about in the end.

And to finish with that famous line (altered a bit): We'll be back!

• Young46
    1,291 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 3:42 AM

Late posting the results but plumbology and I played our match yesterday morning. My putter was on and unfortunately my opponenet was struggling to hit the ding early so I took a 5up lead thru 6. In the end I finished -13 thru 12 and managed to win 7up. We've all had those rounds and no doubt as frustrated as he was his actions were pure class throughout the match and just a pleasure to play against. Another fantastic event in the books, hats off to Finny and his team, looking forward to next year!  

• Cuser44
    1,029 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 6:28 AM

Congratulations to both Paragon for their Cup Victory and to Finny and his mates at the SEL CC for their Plate Victory.

Thanks to the event directors for putting on a great WGT event.  Can't wait til next year's event starts.

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 10:39 AM

We still have one match to be played but it won't affect the final outcome so i'll post my bit now.

Firstly congratulations to Paragon on their Cup victory and a well fought final, well done.

This is my 5th World Cup and I have to say it's been a pleasure to be involved in every one and also see it grow and improve year on year. I should imagine it's a mammoth task putting all of this together and keeping everyone happy so a huge thank you to Finny, Dotty, Nico and everyone else who did their bit behind the scenes, great job again.

Thank you to all the kind sponsors and just like the last 5 years I didn't come within a mile of winning any ctth prizes lol.

The biggest thank you though I feel has to go to the SEL Diablos team I co captained with Pete (Bluey) for not only getting us to the plate final but for getting us over the line to take the victory. Thanks again Dom and all at East Coast for a well fought final played in great spirits.

Finally thank you to all the captains and hundreds of players that got on board again this year and made it all possible.

Well done everyone and hopefully see you next year

RSS