Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 3:52 AM

The World cup 2022

Hello all

This thread is for sign ups only

First of all happy new year to you all

It’s about that time when we start recruiting teams in for this year, it will start around April so plenty of time to get the teams in/sort out the courses and get the rules set up for the comp.

This year I have a new team to help me,

Dotty will not be around to help me this time, we have had a good run over the years together and I would like to thank him for all the work he has put in and wish him all the best in the future.

My new team consists of

Nicozanberg/Jessicahill21 and Bader76

Nico,Jess and Carl will be helping me recruiting/squads/gathering teams in for each round and posting them.

They will also be around to post results in as we go so between us we keep all the results/tables up to date.

Any problems that do arise which are rare now we will make decisions and sort them between each round so there will be no hold ups.

We are looking 32 teams again with two rounds of strokeplay and the rest matchplay.

Nigel our spreadsheet genius is onboard to make our lives so much easier I love the man lol.

So let’s get this 2022 World Cup started get your names down and fill these spots.

Finny

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 9:08 AM

Carolina Sandhills will field a team.  Thanks Finny, looking forward to it.  Enjoy the rest of your vacation and Happy New Year!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 9:42 AM

As I mentioned on our forum.

I personally think no handicaps.  Finny was correct originally but a lot of clubs who were packed with legends stopped playing some group games and showed no interest in the shield (plate) that was ran for non cup qualifiers.

Either want in with no handicaps or don't.  Numbers reduced anyway. 

One thing. Bigger squads....

Remember there is only going to be three group games.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 10:00 AM

I would like to register a vote for no handicaps as well.  As others have said this tourney has become the one and only tourney where CC's pit themselves against others.  Handicaps shouldn't factor in there IMO.  

• amateur4sure
    2,187 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 10:50 AM

I`m fully on board with the no handicap system, Lets play it as it is supposed to be played.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 11:44 AM

PAULFINN52:
    no handicaps

We'll have 2 strong teams if this is the case.  :-)

• soliderock1
    1,550 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:15 PM

Outkasts will have 1 team this year 

• amateur4sure
    2,187 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 2:59 PM

Only 2 Jimbo?  :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 4:54 PM

amateur4sure: