Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2019 2:01 PM

lost 1 down to peter

missed a few short putts early on and lucky to be 3 down at the turn

puuled a couple back and had a chance on the 17th but wnet with the wrong club tw at and the game was over,

thx buddy for the game and im so glad i actually made it to a final after the 4 or 5 years of running it lol,

finny

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2019 1:55 AM

I won my match in the finals against Climatic 1 Up. He holed out on 9 to go 1 Up. It looked like he had it, as he was playing a flawless game. I won the last 2 holes with a birdie putt on 17 and a 27 ft. eagle putt on 18.

Thanks Brenden for the great game. You played a terrific match! I was lucky enough to pull off the win at the end, but your game was amazing to watch.

• climatic
    183 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:09 AM

Great match Tom,

your last 2 putts were absolute clutch. 

Great play mate, was very enjoyable.

You are a great player and great bloke to play with.

Brenden

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2019 2:02 AM

final WaLk0fLiFe wins 1 up vs Jediknight1976

Was a great game. We both birdied every hole up until 11. There was no room for mistakes with this opponent. He is an excellent player. VGG.

• Jediknight1976
    106 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2019 6:29 AM

Final:

WaLk0fLiFe won 1 up vs Jediknight1976

A very enjoyable game. Jo played a near faultless round, 17 birdies & a single par on 17th. I managed to hang in for the majority of the round but my par on 11 proved to be the difference in the end (other 17 holes all halved). 

Thanks again for the game Jo! 

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 12:43 AM

wow, sounds like a great game guys

will have to watch it back. 

meanwhile I enjoyed a great game in the plate final with golgac

with us only needing 1 win to clinch the plate and having to play @ 6am, in rather cool conditions and a fuzzy head, I was a wee bit edgy

3 down at the turn, gol went very close to holing his tee shot on 9, I managed to take it to the last. 

really enjoyable match with some gr8 golf played

way to go diablos

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 6:50 AM

Congrats SEL Diablos,

Only fitting that Paul & the rest of your team & ye as hosts of this great Comp took home the silverware, Well done

Ken

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 7:54 AM

Kenher01:

Congrats SEL Diablos,

Only fitting that Paul & the rest of your team & ye as hosts of this great Comp took home the silverware, Well done

Ken

Thank you very much Ken, i'll say my Captain's piece once the final matches are complete

• zerixx
    55 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 12:08 PM

World Cup Final

zerixx (Paragon 1) vs TheGuyDownstairs (Hard Dance Junkies)

zerixx wins on 3rd extra hole

A very fun match against Grant, we both played very well. I believe we were both -17 thru 18 to send it into extra holes.  He is Mr. consistent birdieing 17 holes while I had to take a bit more adventurous route with a couple of holeouts mixed with some pars in there.  I was forced to eagle 18 being down 1 and as luck would have it we had a tailwind on 18 and was lucky enough to pitch one in.  We went 3 extra holes on the front and Grant got into a tricky spot on 3 right of the pin and I was able to take advantage.  Grant was a pleasure to play with, and no wonder is he the bracket king, he can sure play!

• TheGuyDownstairs
    158 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 1:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words and very well played Kyle!    Really enjoyed the game despite the result and the pitch in on 18 lol   Pulling off shots like that when you need to in finals is what its all about - top stuff :-) 

Good luck to everyone still to play.

Finally thanks to all of the fellow competitors for the quality matches throughout the groups & an even bigger one to the organisers of the competition, I have thoroughly enjoyed my first WC!!

RSS