Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 4:17 PM

Hi Chris,

I'll confirm the times on the days' but 99% sure Darius is playing Friday against f1dget.

Kyle on Sat' v TheGuyDownstairs.

Jason (Young46) sometime over weekend v plumbology

Payton Thur wk v Safdar1

Will confirm times when I know & publish other matches when I hear

PS Finny, Forgot to reply to you. I didn't know Jake's match was on myself til I came In the door that Afternoon & read he'd played

Ken

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 7:31 PM

rfpoul (Remi) v willieret playing tomorrow (Wed 5th) at 9am ET (2pm BST)

Neither Stream :(

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:57 PM

PGoldfinch:

MR   KENSLOW  do not waste your time with  CHRISSY..lol luv you both....chrissy  does not pass infoe  on   i have let him know  about a tons  of WC matches  but  he forget so easy....FINNY for the last few days  you were playn at 6;30 pm uk time...wut  fkn  day  i have asked chrissy  and  you are both in the same cc   still no date  crissy  i will feed my infoe  to jessica   she  is on the ball

it's always been we'd 5th June pat p posted on our forum and the live games forum 

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2019 3:39 AM

Cheers Ken, Pat there is a size 11 boot heading for your ass

• rfpoul
    1,114 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2019 7:34 AM

CUP FINAL....RFPOUL V WILLIERET

i started with a bang winning the first 2 holes, then Rhett won the next 2 to be AS after 4,

i lipped out eagle on 5 to stay as, rhett made a nice 17' on 6 with me missing 6' to go 1down, halves on 7,8,9 left me 1 down at turn.

I eagled 10 with a pitch in with Rhett missing his 33' eagle putt to go AS, front pin on 11 where i hit it right and Rhett hit it 3.5' below cup, 1up Rhett i drove it in the bunker on 12 with the back pin so i had to hit the perfect shot, which i didn't. Rhett hit a nice shot in to go 2 up after 12.

I hit it to 3' on 13 with Rhett missing his 15', down 1, halved 14 with pars, Rhett missed a twister on 15 while i nestled mine up to 2', AS halved 16 with birds.

Back pin on 17 with a nice tw, rhett hit his to 9' above hole i was 15' above hole, i missed my bender while Rhett hit the wrong scale and hit it 10' by which he holed to send it to 18 AS. We halved 18 to go to extras.

Birds on 19 kept the match going. Tw on hole 20 was in my favor as Rhett's ball didn't have the bs that my ball had, he missed his 32' while i made my 9' for the win.

Great game Rhett enjoyed the company.

Remi

• willieret
    235 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2019 7:39 AM

Congrats to rfpoul for a 1 up win on the 20th hole!  A tight match the whole way!  good luck to all players left in the finals!

• Cuser44
    1,029 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2019 1:31 PM

Plate Final--Cuser44 v Pipala...

Very well played Pete (bonhoeffe)...I got to see the last few holes and Finny made a strong comeback that you held off.

I wish I could have followed your lead but unfortunately fell to a hot putter.  Pipala couldn't miss and I couldn't make.

Pip took an early 1 up lead when I lipped my birdy put and he made his.  I was able to get to AS on 3 and thought I had some momentum.  This didn't last.

we halve 4 and 5 and Pip stuck his approach on 6 for an easy bird. 

He again sticks his approach on 7 and I lip my bird for a second time and fall to 2 down.  Didn't get better.

I lip my third birdy attempt on 8 and felt my stomach turn.  We halve 9 and I find myself down 3 at the turn.

I nail my approach on 10 to within 1 foot for a bird and close the gap to 2.

Hole 11 I think I can cut the lead to 1 when Pip drains a long putt from the back of the green to halve the hole.  I was close and made my birdy as well.

I couldn't make another putt for anything after this.  Pip takes a 3 up lead on 12.

We halve 13 when my putt slides past the hole.  And Pip closes the match on 14 when he takes a 4 up lead.  15 was halved for a 4 & 3 Victory for Pip.

I met some unfortunate luck with some terrible bounces and unlucky putting.  Lipping 3 birds was my downfall and Pip couldn't miss.

He was a tremendous opponent and was a gracious host throughout.  Glad I got to meet him and wish I could have made the match better.

Good Luck on our remaining matches.  No matter what, This was a blast and I am glad to have led a great group of East Coasters.  We will be back and look out.

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2019 1:50 PM

Thank you for the kind words Dom and it was great that the 2 captains got to play in this one.

I can't really add much to that write up to be honest, there was nothing in the match and for you to lip 3 on the front 9 must have hurt. I said things can quickly change in wgt land tho and when I slipped a 5 footer left of the cup on the 10th (didn't even lip it lol) it rattled me a little.

Your tee shot on 11 with that crosswind was an absolute peach and shot of the match for me, a guaranteed bird. With me long and almost off the green I agree the 11th was the key hole, I was so relieved to see that one drop.

It was a pleasure to meet and play with you Dom and yet another good guy that will remain on my friends list, gracious you were throughout and matches like these are what keeps me playing WGT.

Still all to play for and best of luck to the remaining players

RSS