Forums

Help › Forums

Ireland Golf Trip

Fri, Jan 27 2023 7:12 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TonyCherone
    37 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 7:52 PM

I'm planning a golf trip to the West and Southwest of Ireland in late May/early June of 2020.  We are definitely playing Lahinch, Doonbeg, Ballybunion, Tralee, Old Head, Waterville and Dooks.  Trying to decide if we want to head a little north and get to Carne, Enniscrone, and County Sligo?  Would love to hear about your Ireland trips to this area if you've taken one, or if you are an Irish local, would love to get some trip tips!!

If you are a local in Ireland, and want to join in with our group for any of these rounds, our group would love to play and have a pint with you!  

Hope to hear from some of you.

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 5:30 PM
    2 week trip at least ?...geez 4 courses in 5 days gonna be a marathon for us :) http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/568222.aspx
  • TonyCherone
    37 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 7:08 PM

Currently this trip is planned for 11 rounds of golf over 8 days.  It's nothing compared to the trip we did to Scotland last year.  That was 21 rounds over 14 days.  We are hardcore golfers!!!!

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 6:08 AM

Apparently so  !!! Golf on !

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:49 PM

Tony, definitely try and play Waterville. I played it back in 2010 and for such a great course, the people were very friendly (no snobbery) and I managed to say hello to Tom Lehman on the first tee, who was there preparing for the British Senior Open. It's a very tough test, so take plenty of balls and get your picture taken next to the Payne Stewart statue

• taylorsmithily
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 2:47 AM

O WOw, But I am not in ireland right now.

• Vasil101
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 3:28 AM

I like Irelend, golf trip its a good idea

• Vasil101
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 2:29 PM

Golf trips in Ireland offer everything for all levels of golfers. So it doesn't matter if you want to relax and play a few rounds, or if you want to hone your skills in the championship, Ireland has something for you. Parkland golf courses are mostly indoor courses in a natural landscape of hills, where forests form tree-lined streets that their designers use to compete with the best professionals. Golf courses are really fun to play on, as evidenced by the magazines, ratings, and reviews of golf. Did you know that Ireland has the highest number of golf courses in Europe per inhabitant?

https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/

• Vasil101
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 3:47 PM

https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/

Golf trips in Ireland offer everything for all levels of golfers. So it doesn't matter if you want to relax and play a few rounds, or if you want to hone your skills in the championship, Ireland has something for you. Parkland golf courses are mostly indoor courses in a natural landscape of hills, where forests form tree-lined streets that their designers use to compete with the best professionals. Golf courses are really fun to play on, as evidenced by the magazines, ratings, and reviews of golf. Did you know that Ireland has the highest number of golf courses in Europe per inhabitant?

• Schmails3
    163 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 7:51 AM

Im only going to Ireland if Irishking is my tour guide

• PAGES
RSS