Help › Forums

Ball run on approaches

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 23 2018 1:39 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SlightPush
    6 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:55 AM

Why is the ball run longer on approaches if it is uphill then on downhill lies on green?

In real golf the ball slows down when it is uphill but here it isnt.

Anyone know why?

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:49 AM

SlightPush:

Why is the ball run longer on approaches if it is uphill then on downhill lies on green?

Anyone know why?

I have never seen that happen here.  Could you give an example of where that happened?

Mind you, if you play a faster green than you are used to, the ball will roll a lot more!

• SlightPush
    6 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:32 PM

Hi

1 example is hole 10 on Pebble Beach

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:54 PM

The ball doesn't slow down in real life when going uphill.  It just doesn’t travel as far.  That is also true in WGT because you have to add yardage when hitting uphill.  But the ball also runs out farther after landing in real life when hitting up hill.  Conversely think about hitting a wedge down a 100 foot drop.  The ball is moving almost straight down at the end and won’t roll forward at all.  

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 4:03 PM

SlightPush:

Hi

1 example is hole 10 on Pebble Beach

Hi,

Your observation Is correct.

The analogy I would use Is Skipping/Skimming a Stone on a lake, Mostly to do with shallow angle of attack/entry. You throw the stone at too much off an angle & well .... but If you get a shallow angle of attack well ... Then you could be Inducted Into The Guinness World Book of Records! ;)

If the green was below or way below you the ball would hit the green with a steep angle of attack & stop quicker but with Pebble #6 for example as the green Is way above you the ball comes in very flat especially with a strong tailwind & Is hard to stop even with full back spin unless you get the perfect dead bounce at the correct spot.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Ken

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 7:58 PM

DoctorLarry:

SlightPush:

Anyone know why?

I have never seen that happen here.  Could you give an example of where that happened?

Mind you, if you play a faster green than you are used to, the ball will roll a lot more!

Ahhh.  I misunderstood the question - I thought you meant the green sloped uphill. (d'oh).

Yes, if the green is elevated much, the angle the ball hits the green is much less than from a vertical and will run further than the same green with a shot from a higher elevation - as noted by the others.

• SlightPush
    6 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 1:57 AM

Sorry all if my question was a bit confusing. You can all forget it since it doesnt matter at all. I have foind so many WRONG's in this game so the ball run is the least worries I have.

Yardages are wrong, Winds are wrong and breaks on green too. On 1 putt i did the ball broke against the lines :(( But it is what it is a FREE game and as almost all free games out there they are BAD and poorly maintained.

Merry X-mas all and a Happy New Year

• greatwhitedale
    305 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:45 PM

you obviously don't play real golf ?    hitting in to a green with elevation you will always get less spin, so giving the ball more run on.

• PAGES
RSS