Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to Wolf Creek and Tour Champion! And Introducing...

Sat, Sep 5 2020 5:30 AM (165 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 12:19 PM

Well Done Wgt.  Wolf Creek is a great course.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 12:21 PM
    kavvz:

lonniescott711:

DAZZA501:
    I'll give it a couple of weeks and we'll have people moaning they can't compete at TC tier. Wgt haven't listened to any suggestions regarding promotion to this tier. We'll end up with another tier that's higher. Elite & Tour Elite will be here in a years time and it will happen all over again.

+1 Thats the normal pattern as usual . If they would have taken the top 200 - 250 money earners that would have done it . At least those players would have earned it which is the way it should be . For now its the same old thing and the same players and another hoop to jump through .

I can think of 1 player in particular who is going to win every single monthly tier open and every single VT event as a Champion in 2019 -- all b/c its avg. and ranked rounds.  Assuming this player plays them of course.  

Yeah sure. If we're thinking of the same person then he was the best in the game but had a break for a while. I guess returning top players that are still in lower tiers could really dominate. Can you imagine what would happen in the Tour Legend tier if Dansamcam, AllyKennedy & StevenHarkin all returned....lol
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 12:23 PM

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 1:09 PM

YankeeJim:
    Before you give up, clear your cache and try again

I've got a pretty powerful Puter now and havn't cleared cache for years unlike the things I had to do to play the game.  

Everything just loads and runs perfect now

• RaoulDukeMU
    10 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 5:08 PM

The new WC course looks great and plays pretty well.  One minor thing I don't like is few view options on some holes, manly because I prefer a short forward view when approaching the green but am left with only the rear hole view on some of these holes. Not a biggie. 

But I am disappointed if there is truly only one set of pin placements. Besides the point of only one can make the course "stale", I simply think these are some VERY interesting greens with the tiers, different placements could really change some holes on this one. 

Overall I like it a lot.  I shot one over my average my first round, and didn't take many chances...certainly will be a learning curve that might get me some great rounds on here. 

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 5:37 PM

mantis0014:

Well Done Wgt.  Wolf Creek is a great course.

+1

Gorgeous views with great work in handling huge elevation changes. I'm guessing the days of helicopter footage are gone and quadcopters/drones have taken over and made life easier for WGT to bring us new courses? We'll see :)  I've played it briefly and it just feels "right" to me so far with drives, approaches and putting.  Here's a capture where I almost went into the drink and felt calm and at peace... looking around and looking forward to my next shot.

• SacredCow40
    43 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:00 AM

After playing Wolf creek 3 days straight I have decided it easily my favourite course on WGT. It's not even a close second.

There is not a dull hole. Every hole is exciting (heart in your mouth stuff). The scenery is to die for. It requires patience and perseverance. And my God, the course management. I require more note taking on this course than just about any other. I am learning something radically new on every hole every time I play it. If you can get through all holes without a double bogey or worse on any one hole, you've done a good job. 

WGT hadn't really blown me away before with the courses, but Wolf creek certainly has. Excellent job and thank you!!!!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:10 AM

Love the course too, last round average putt distance was 6.8ft

Just wish I could putt!!

SacredCow40:

After playing Wolf creek 3 days straight I have decided it easily my favourite course on WGT. It's not even a close second.

There is not a dull hole. Every hole is exciting (heart in your mouth stuff). The scenery is to die for. It requires patience and perseverance. And my God, the course management. I require more note taking on this course than just about any other. I am learning something radically new on every hole every time I play it. If you can get through all holes without a double bogey or worse on any one hole, you've done a good job. 

WGT hadn't really blown me away before with the courses, but Wolf creek certainly has. Excellent job and thank you!!!!

• SacredCow40
    43 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:22 AM

andwhy67:

Love the course too, last round average putt distance was 6.8ft

Just wish I could putt!!

The greens are tough unless you are directly above or below the hole I find. Then the reads aren't so bad. 

RSS