Forums

Help › Forums

Wolf Creek Overview

Fri, Sep 6 2019 7:05 PM (45 replies)
  • UFCJohny
    713 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:36 PM

Keep up the Good work Champ ! !  You work for a Great Team at WGT .... ye ole  Hippie !  hehe ! 

ufcjohny

• akk447
    377 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 5:57 PM

Wolf Creek is nothing but a ball thief,  I'll never play it again! I wish we never lost Oakmont MUCH better course!

akk447Post 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 7:21 PM

akk447:
    Wolf Creek is nothing but a ball thief,  I'll never play it again!

Sounds like it was a deflating experience for you. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 8:44 PM

akk447:

Wolf Creek is nothing but a ball thief,  I'll never play it again! I wish we never lost Oakmont MUCH better course!

I only got to play Oakmont a couple times through the backdoor, really liked it though. 

Wolf creek may not be Oakmont, but it is and can be a course you need to think your way around... if you just try and smash driver when 3wd or 3i is better play then you may deserve to lose the ball... that is the  risk reward of the game.  If you dont like losing balls, dont try hitting shots that greatly increase the risk of losing a ball.  Thats on you not WGT.

I have lost my share of balls and i understand the frustrations, but good course management can easily avoid losing balls most of the time.  

The exception to this, that frustrates me,  is like on kiawah par 3 17, that if you do hit one in the water, you are forced to hit out of a garbage lie with a virtually impossible shot over the water, now that can feel like a ball theif situation, but i still know it can happen so i can choose how i set that shot up to avoid the water even it it means aiming for the bunker left of the flag.  

You can manage the course or let it manage you.  Good luck next time out!

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:48 AM

I notice hole 8 ain't changed .

On the closest to the hole course a 144 yard chip went thru by 30 yards and into the water and out of bounds .

Just played the real hole and the same thing happened.

So back to hitting 120 yards and letting it run .

Might be my starter balls .

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:57 AM

@el3n1

Well said! 

And, as with any course, there's going to be a learning curve. Last night, I lost a ball because I misjudged the wind. The ball carried much farther than I anticipated. But that's life. 

Tee it up again and pick a new aim point. As you wrote: "
    You can manage the course or let it manage you."

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:41 AM

played 18 holes... 3 times at wolfcreek now.....60. 59. 59 without losing a ball.....i have hit 3 wood on certain holes......you do have to plot your way around and not just smash the skin off your ball with driver.....happy hitting

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:45 AM

akk447:

While Oakmont was a fun course, I struggle to see how a level 115 Legend with over 5000 rounds played can lose balls on a course through anything but your own bad hits.  None of the holes are unfair.  None of the pin positions are insanely close to a water hazard.  I mean the only real challenge compared to the other courses is a lot of extreme elevation change, but we are all kinda supposed to know how that impacts a shot.

• Notajedi
    36 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:17 AM

Lovely thinking players course.

Plenty of risk reward holes, lots of fun.

Well done all at WGT.

• Schlieffen99
    225 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:22 AM

Agreed, thanks for the new course WGT, I wish all the whiners would have a piece of cheese and wine before they complain that they can't work out the elevations.

Much appreciated...

RSS