Forums

Help › Forums

SEL v The Fairway Fanatics

Wed, Dec 19 2018 7:44 AM (42 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 2:39 PM

Haha Pete and Paul. In all seriousness Pete could not hit a ding whereas I had resided to the fact that Dings didn`t exist and played off ding all game.

Bottom line I got lucky and my old mate Pete didn`t end of..

Brilliant to catch up brother and despite what was going on we had a barrel of laughs and a ton of fun, Yep ok I scraped over the line this time phew... Cheers Pierreski I`ll send balls later bro lol

How dare you call me steady Eddie ya cheeky fekker lol I go for all shots but just manage to save pars is all lol

Thanks Pete brother, Tons of laughs... Always a blast bro x

I`ll give you old dodgy one Paulie when you stop avoiding me brother lmao , Fun times !

• CSBarbarian
    1,625 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 4:21 PM

Tino345 & CSBarbarian played to a draw earlier this week.  Both 4 under going to the par 3 ninth.  I put my shot to within 3 feet - and he commented that that should do it. He then put his just outside of 3 feet - but within 4 feet.  Needless to say - we both got our birdies to end in a draw.  Fitting end to a match that was pretty much shot for shot.

• CSBarbarian
    1,625 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 6:04 PM

Played jgr123.  Nice match.  A couple of split holes and we went through the front 9 AS.  I took 10, 11, and 13 to go 3 up.  He took 14 to trim it to 2 - then we halved 15 & 16 - but I put it within 3 feet on the par 3 17th to clinch it.
    CSBarbarian 2 & 1 over jgr123

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 1:15 PM

Just finished my game with Shane (cynic13)

Shane wins the game 1up on the 18th

The front nine was closely contested with Shane winning the 3rd me the 4th then Shane taking the 5th to go back to 1up it stayed that way until 12th which Shane won

Shane then won the 15th to be 3 up with 3 to play

We won't say a lot a about the 16th as we both messed it up and I somehow won the hole with a bogie, pretty sure that was the only hole we both had bad shots on

I managed to birdie the 17th after putting my tee shot to 2 feet to take the game up the last

But two solid birdies saw Shane take the game

Shane played some lovely approach shots and made some good putts to keep me at bay

Well played mate and good luck in the future

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 6:30 PM

Some great Matches and result's coming in!

Well done Pip and Bo on getting this organized, great fun!

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2018 11:45 PM

Played justripit1 (Kat) Sunday afternoon. After trading birds on 1, she went 1 up with an eagle on 2 after a great approach. I had a fortunate tee shot on 5 that stopped inches from the hole to go AS. She sank a tremendous 40 foot eagle on 6 to back 1 UP. That was a great putt but rather discouraging to me. She had an unlucky bounce on 8 and my approach was within 5 feet to square it. She made a fantastic approach on 9 leaving it 5 feet above the cup. I missed my 17' birdie try and she was 1 UP after 9. I felt fortunate to be only 1 down.

On 10 she was just wide on a 20' birdie putt and I made mine from 14' having the advantage of seeing her putt on the same line.  AS. On 11, she lipped a 9 foot downhill putt that rolled into what became a 16' try for par. She missed and CC'd my downhill try for a bird to go 1 UP. On 12, I made a 17' slow breaking putt that almost stopped short. She missed her birdie try.  The ball appeared roll over the center of the cup and we both thought she had made it. I went 2 UP. On 13, she had a very close 10' uphill putt that never broke for her. I birdied and went 3 UP.  We traded birds on 14, 15, and 16. Won 3 & 2.

A very good player and I would have been in big trouble if my putter had done its normal disappearing act. I was fortunate to win with some breaks going my way against a very good player.

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 1:27 PM

Great game with Rob as i knew it was going to be.

Ever played Darts m8,cos thats all i seen all night,Brilliant game -10 v -11 after 9 holes and we both eagled the 2 par 5s aswell on the F9,B9 a bit trickier and we traded blows up to 15 were Rob hit a bird and i parred,then 17 Rob hit another Diamond i hit straight over the flag but 19 feet downhill,N1 Rob well played m8 and a 3&1 win for Rob.

Cheers bud

Paul

• cjadams28
    8 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2018 8:02 AM

Had a very enjoyable match with Scoobiedoo last night.  I think both of us would agree, neither of us had our best game on display.  More importantly, i had a great time getting to know a new WGT buddy i wouldn't have met had we not had this tourney! CJ wins by one stroke.

• DoubleEagleRob
    470 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2018 10:51 AM

Yes Paul a remarkable game especially on that front 9. Every time one of us hit it close the other would get even closer. You holed some great putts on holes like 2, 11 and 15 and I just managed to get in close on the closing stretch to get over the line.

Cheers for the game

Rob

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2018 12:53 PM

Just had my game with Ronnie and after turning up 30 mins late(quite rightly got given the dusty rug treatment).Due to work meeting.

Enjoyed it Ronnie and you played great m8,that shot to 8 on pinehurst was special,i was too busy typing and got DQ on 9 but Ronnie was up by 2 shots by then,So keep me on the friends list bud as i plan to play more mobile than i do in the new year,Bit burnt out now played 5 cc matches in 5 nights and think Rob finished me off,lol.

Everyone left enjoy there games and good to know i saved my best for Pip:-)

Thanks Paul

RSS