TruGolf - a ? for WGTChampion

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:16 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 2:31 PM

Mr....or Miss/Ms/Mrs Champion,

I know this question has been asked a multitude of times, but I have never seen an answer from WGT.

As a mod who seems to respond the most frequently, and actually responds to questions rather than dancing around like you are on hot coals or a politician, can you answer the following definitively please?

Will WGT allow others to pay the green fee for a friend (or other) when playing either Cabo or Whistler in the future?

I cannot understand the reticence,as whilst WGT may or may not benefit from the green fee, you still benefit from ball usage (i.e. the cash cow) and it encourages players to play more.

Yours faithfully,

alanti

An anonymous WGT'er

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 3:15 PM

It's been considered. I even personally brought it up at some point in the past. In my opinion there's really no reason that you can't gift a 9 or 18 hole green fee pass to another player other than it hasn't been built yet. Maybe there's more to it than that that I don't know about or remember from when I talked about it in the past. 

I'm sorry that's not really definitive. That's what I know. 

_CHAMPION 

EDIT:

P.S. I'll bring it up again in the future. I have lists of stuff that I have to go through with product and dev here. We're in the middle of some of it and don't want to pile it all on. So I won't be pitching anything new until after the new year. 

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 3:49 PM

My selling point back then was even if the Green fees went to getting  us another type of that course ( cartoon ) it would still be fun and give us more courses to play .

OPY 

PS    Free Andy 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 4:37 PM

WGTChampion:
    P.S. I'll bring it up again in the future. I have lists of stuff that I have to go through with product and dev here. We're in the middle of some of it and don't want to pile it all on. So I won't be pitching anything new until after the new year. 

It would be a great prize for Country Club Tournaments also. It's a win win for WGT

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 9:25 PM

WGTChampion:
    In my opinion there's really no reason that you can't gift a 9 or 18 hole green fee pass to another player other than it hasn't been built yet.

I like that option too, however the request is simply paying the green fee for the other player or group.

I understand that potentially WGT do not profit from the green fee, but it will encourage more play that would not otherwise occur. 

Thanks for the prompt reply too.....refreshing :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 12:49 AM

I like this idea.  Every now and then I don't mind paying to play a Trugolf course just to play something different.  Just hard to get a game going with others that don't want to pay.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 5:37 AM

hpurey:

I like this idea.  Every now and then I don't mind paying to play a Trugolf course just to play something different.  Just hard to get a game going with others that don't want to pay.  

That's what I find also. It used to be great having them part of WGT Tournaments.

I don't mind paying the greens fee for someone else either. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 6:25 AM

The only part of the Premier Membership that has any real value is the is the greens fees being paid for the Trugolf courses. 

Why not a greens fee pass for 9000 credits that would allow a player three 18 hole rounds per week ( or six  nine hole rounds) good for a year. This would match the price of the Plus Membership but would avoid the unlimited greens fee feature of the Premier Membership.

Or just be generous and give unlimited greens fees for a year for 10,000 credits.This could be a Player's Membership that would fit in the WGT stable of accessories.

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 7:35 AM
    Speaking of Tru-Golf courses, I just played a mobile 9-hole round in a coin room that randomly brought up what was called "Best of Par 3" as the course. Lo, and behold! A hole in the first portion was at CABO ! (And no extra green fee.) (I don't know if a Whistler Par 3 may have been toward the end because my opponent forfeited after the dastardly Oly hole that is 52 feet downhill.)

Can we please get Cabo and Whistler in some of the NON-mobile Best of's --- a new Best of Tru-Golf, perhaps? Bet you would get alot of takers . . . . .or maybe just the 3's and 5's?
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 11:21 AM

DonCaron:

It would be a great prize for Country Club Tournaments also. It's a win win for WGT

Now that is something you don't see every day....

A really good idea!

• PAGES
RSS