Forums

Help › Forums

HONESTY IN THE GAME

Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:15 PM (84 replies)
  • Oledood
    22 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 8:53 AM

Why are so many players refusing to graduate to the next tier and hide their real scores?   Its getting very difficult to find an honest game.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 11:47 AM

Oledood:

Why are so many players refusing to graduate to the next tier and hide their real scores?   Its getting very difficult to find an honest game.

Really ? So says the L93 Master with an account that will be 8 years old next month . You should at least be a Legend by now . So why havent you tiered up after playing all of these years ? Seems to me the pot is trying to call the kettle black .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 12:40 PM

Where is it written one should be a Legend after any specific time? Maybe he just enjoys plinking around every once in a while and he has has every right to voice a legitimate concern of his. 

@Oledood-Unfortunately, not everybody sticks to the rules and a lot of what you run into might be players that couldn't hack a higher level and started over, content to skulk around the lower tiers with their acquired knowledge and equipment, wise to the ways of not advancing. That 102 TP that posted on your wall is a perfect example.

There's not a whole lot you can do other than find a suitable CC where you hang with friendlies or populate your own friends list with known "honest" types.  GL

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 2:04 PM
    Moving up is not directly related to time served, age, or anything But ability ! my nickle, so shove it ! lee.
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 2:59 PM

When I started, I played only Stroke and MP until I reached legend...now I play Alternate for the social aspect. I have logged almost 10,000 rds of Alt and doubt I will be switching anytime soon. 

I agree with YJ and encourage you to find a format you like and group of friends you trust. The key is to having an enjoyable (and competitive) experience...tier and level don't really matter in the end; unless a player is purposely sand bagging for credits. But they are easily spotted.

I don't have the talent (or patience) to become a legitimate TL or Champion, though I suppose I could do like many others and go the red tee route. But, that would be disingenuous and prove nothing.

Hit them well and enjoy the game for what it is.

ct

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 3:02 PM

I see a lot players who don't want to buy equipment. They stay at a lower tier so they can still play with clubs that they have.

I don't understand it as we play the game to advance levels and compete. Thats Me and not everyone.

Don

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 3:56 PM

YankeeJim:

Where is it written one should be a Legend after any specific time? Maybe he just enjoys plinking around every once in a while and he has has every right to voice a legitimate concern of his. 

+1

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 3:58 PM

The tiers are a fancy statement this site has create ''to force'' players to improve/raise their clubs (mostly Driver & balls), so if you follow that pat....you are playing the way wgt wants you play

Ofcourse also is possible remains at an ''average'' tier (Pro or Master) & still enjoy the game without need buy new equip, i've see lot of Legends just only play AS, so they avg has not change, as any other tier

Btw, i NEVER have see a TL or Champ playing with the basic equip, so figure

Just a VIRTUAL fancy unusefull stats (in general)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 5:24 PM

YankeeJim:

Where is it written that one has to tier up for them as well ? They complain about other players doing the same thing as they are .8 years of playing and still only at Master tier . Those players he is referring to may be doing the same thing . Just playing once in awhile and plinking around just for the fun of it . Anyone posting in the forums has a right to post their opinion be it legitimate or not .

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 8:42 PM

lonniescott711:

YankeeJim:

Where is it written that one has to tier up for them as well ? They complain about other players doing the same thing as they are .8 years of playing and still only at Master tier . Those players he is referring to may be doing the same thing . Just playing once in awhile and plinking around just for the fun of it . Anyone posting in the forums has a right to post their opinion be it legitimate or not .

+1

LMAO. You and your idea look like a piece of Swiss cheese now with all those holes, YJ.

RSS