Forums

Help › Forums

Phigolf

Tue, Jan 3 2023 8:59 PM (33 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2019 10:52 AM

Looks like a $20/year fee. Wonder if you can pay that using credits. 

• GolfbummSteve
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2020 9:35 PM

Hey Duffer

I'm getting the Phygolf stick tomorrow. I have a few questions you might be able to answer being a user for a while.

Does it plays off your WGT ID keeping your coins and credits earn before young OT the stick?

You can play full rounds or just 3 holes rounds?

Also I am playing WGT from the app on my IPad and not looking to work off a computer. Is that how you us it? And if so how is it working?

Lastly what is the best wire hook up you would recommend so I can transfer my iPad screen to TV using the Phygolf stick to play.

Anybody else reading this and capable of answering please feel free to contact me 

Thanks all

Steve

GolfbummSteve

514-243-7406 for info by text

• Scimmecco
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 4:00 AM

are you still playing with phigolf? It is hard to find online players

• GolfbummSteve
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 9:14 AM

Right now I am getting use to the stick and playing with the Phigolf game and not yet WGT as I found the short game to be too tough.

But would be ready to give it a go again if I could play against player with Phigolf 
    But it affects our stats quite a bit. I went from a 72.4 average score to 80 after registering by mistake a 90 and a 47 score on ranked mode instead of practice.
    Feel free to get in touche I accepted your friend request.

Steve Deschênes
  • toyolgamer
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 4:05 PM

Hi all ..

I saw a few ads regarding the Phigolf .. and as my place is currently in lockdown ..i'm condsidering to practice /play golf individually indoor .. is the Phigolf a good option ? a good buy? most place ( online) has run out of stock actually..i got one from an online store .. sending from US..it says the price is around 308USD ..not sure whats in the package..and yes I already have  separate WGT account/ in my computer ..playing  using my mouse though .. 

any comments or source where i could get cheaper price ? im staying in the Gulf countries anyway.. oh and the website mentioned it will take 2 weeks after purchase for it to arrive ..huhuhuh,,

thanks for any assist and replies..

• toyolgamer
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 10:32 PM

GolfbummSteve:

Right now I am getting use to the stick and playing with the Phigolf game and not yet WGT as I found the short game to be too tough.

But would be ready to give it a go again if I could play against player with Phigolf 
    But it affects our stats quite a bit. I went from a 72.4 average score to 80 after registering by mistake a 90 and a 47 score on ranked mode instead of practice.
    Feel free to get in touche I accepted your friend request.

Steve Deschênes

hi.. i am thinking of buying /acquiring this phigolf ..is is compatible with desktop version of wgt ? is it a good buy? currently it seems that kind of hard to buy the item ( to be delivered  to my place in the GCC though)  

• TapInPat
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 2:55 PM

I have the Phigolf device. I run WGT on my Galaxy S8+ and use a USB-C to HDMI cable to connect to my 55" TV. Looks great!

Regarding the Phigolf play - full swings are OK, but putting is very far off. Using a putting stroke, that in real life would produce a 10 foot putt on a level surface, sends the ball like 80 feet in the game. So, I have to mentally convert the putt distances - if the game says the putt is 25 feet, I reduce it to about 5 feet and use a putting stroke that matches that. That gets me pretty close.

The swing stick constantly wants to reset for a shot, so if you have to make aiming changes or something like that on your mobile device, you have to kind of swing the thing around so it won't be stable enough to reset for a shot. I wish it wouldn't do that. Once it resets and is ready to swing, I haven't really figured out how to reliably "un-reset" it so I can actually get ready for the shot and not accidentally make it swing.

Has anyone figured out how to play on WGT so that multiple players can play locally using one Phigolf device? So far, all I've seen on WGT is internet multiplayer.

• TapInPat
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 4:23 PM

Also, why does WGT think I'm Canadian? How do you edit your location for your profile?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 7:59 PM

GolfbummSteve:

Steve

GolfbummSteve

000-000-0000 for info by text

Hé, Steve... Si j'étais à ta place, je ne laisserais pas autant de renseignements personnels au public comme tu viens de le faire. C'est pas vraiment bien pensé là, je te le dis...

• Edfarto
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 4:58 PM

Hey TapInPat,

I play with a similar setup and I love it. 

for putting, try swinging with a consistent pace back and through on every length putt. Judge distance by the length of the back swing.  I use my back foot as a reference point for my backswing while putting, and chipping as well. 

when you are aiming or changing clubs, put the swing stick facing up over your shoulder. Only point it down when you are ready to actually swing. This will avoid the accidental swings.

no local multiplayer on WGT... which is a total shame. Hopefully one day. Hit me up if you have more questions or want to setup a H2H game. edfarto2020@gmail.com 

RSS