Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Tue, Oct 20 2009 3:04 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 12:58 PM

I am a high average (79) pro who enjoys the game.  But lately I have had seveal masters and some lower average pros quit on me without as much as see ya.  What is up with that?  If you want to play someone better than me fine, I have no problem with that but don't be rude!

Kwoody94

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 1:18 PM

It has nothing to do with you K, it's a big mystery here, but I assure you it isn't you.

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 2:41 PM

claremoreblue:

It has nothing to do with you K, it's a big mystery here, but I assure you it isn't you.

Oh I know but it really ticks me off.  I just don't get it.  Guess when your behind a keyboard it don't matter.  If anyone is looking for a game let me know.

Fore!!!!!

Ken

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:03 PM

Hey Ken,

Come join the ladder if you want to avoid the quitters (it is an automatic loss if you quit).

You might even see a blue duck there.

Ladder site.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:11 PM

Certainly, I am there often now for match play! Works very well as long as you play often, so as not to move the wrong way! :))

• PeterPan8
    3 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 4:13 PM

I had the same "quitter" problem, and I think I know why.

These guys, specially the low pros, don't want to loose their score by averaging too high, so they prefer to quit in order to make sure that their score don't register.

That's what I found out!  I use this "technique" only when I play by myself, but when I have an AGREEMENT to play with someone else... I RESPECT it!

Peter

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:53 PM

thanks guys I have thought about the ladder, but i don't know much about it.  may check out.

Fore!!!!

Ken

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 4:19 PM

Guys I signed up for the ladder and had a good match, lost it but still had a good time, and no quitters.  Now if I can just figure out how to manuver around in there.  I apologize in advance if I screw up LOL.   Thanks again guys made my WTG experiance better for sure, now if I can just learn to putt. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 4:44 PM

kwoody... great to have you on the ladder...

Everything is pretty self evident there, but if you have any questions, just jump into the chat rooms there and ask them... I am sure that everyone there would be more than happy to help you navigate the site...

As for your putting.. you're on your own!   LOL

Peace                                                  

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 3:39 AM

backspin63:

kwoody94:

I am a high average (79) pro who enjoys the game.  But lately I have had seveal masters and some lower average pros quit on me without as much as see ya.  What is up with that?  If you want to play someone better than me fine, I have no problem with that but don't be rude!

Kwoody94

It's been a while since I've played on this site great to be back and great playing some of my old friends! I see by reading this post that nothing has changed folks are still crying about others quitting! I thought this OLD topic would go away but as human nature would have it .. people need some thing to whine about,,cool it folks it's just a online  game why do you let this issue of someone quitting get under your skin? You people need to get a life!

No whining Backspin just asking a simple question.  I am new here an was wondering if that was the norm or whaT.  At any rate I enjoy the game.  Good Luck!

Ken

• PAGES
RSS