Forums

Help › Forums

Timer/Timing

Tue, May 11 2021 1:20 PM (3 replies)
  • Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 9:35 AM

Question concerning the “play clock” used in the H2H matches. Increasingly I notice opponents utilizing the entire amount of time allocated for each shot, especially with tee shots and gimme putts. Can’t say that it bothers me, but it does have me wondering. What is the benefit associated with the time utilization? Is it a mind/head game, is it a superstition, is it a method of “tricking” the game server, is it to allow time to enter data into an individual’s “shot computer”?  I notice it at all tiers and all levels. As I encounter it more frequently I am wondering what is the purpose behind the act? Should mention that I play the mobile version.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 11:29 AM

Well, most of us wonder why that is. Some are just bitter, and some are just playing the game their own way. My video game rules..my game, my time, my way.  Besides it’s golf, design for a slow play. 

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:30 AM

I play slowly, I have distorted vision in one eye and always use the 90 second timer.  But when I'm ready to hit I hit.  If it's 15, 30 or 85 seconds I hit when I'm ready.  If I was ready then waited for the rest of the time all I would do is second guess myself.  Sort of 'icing' myself. LOL

But everyone plays their own way. Be happy

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• Cenzo91
    23 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 1:20 PM

This ANNOYS me to no end!!! It's like I can get a 9 hole match in and another one started in 30 minutes.  That's 2 sponsored matches with each 30 minute sponsor.  And these jack wagons take 40 seconds to hit a drive they have probably literally hit a thousand times.  It is infuriating!  Has there ever been consideration to shortening the clock to 30 seconds?  Just got out of a match and needed to come here and vent about this exact thing.

RSS