Help › Forums

New, high end equipment

Mon, Jun 15 2020 5:50 PM (34 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 9:56 AM

YankeeJim:

Is this a mobile thing?

Damn, 5 words written down but somehow you managed to convey a tone of voice there :  ))

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 10:43 AM
    If you're playing on mobile, there is no need to purchase anything better, than what's already offered. With the apparel program, you can supercharge all your clubs, farther than any levels that they will offer. I have the top driver, it's rated at I believe 289 yards, but with the hat, that I have purchased, with worthless coins, this same driver is listed, in play, at 307 yards. My 3 wood sails 265. Why would anyone need more? I don't juice my irons, as with the longer woods, I don't need too, but a friend has the same irons as I do, and he's hitting 2 irons less than I do, on par 3s! (He chose to juice irons) Again no need to purchase top equipment, use the worthless coins.
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 10:58 AM
    ScottyAKing:
    Maybe Titleist will come in the future.  It depends on whether Callaway and Taylormade allow it.  I’m guessing they have some sort of say?
    Erm...Titleist are already here
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 11:27 AM

Luckystar5:
    If you're playing on mobile, there is no need to purchase anything better, than what's already offered. With the apparel program, you can supercharge all your clubs, farther than any levels that they will offer. I have the top driver, it's rated at I believe 289 yards, but with the hat, that I have purchased, with worthless coins, this same driver is listed, in play, at 307 yards. My 3 wood sails 265. Why would anyone need more? I don't juice my irons, as with the longer woods, I don't need too, but a friend has the same irons as I do, and he's hitting 2 irons less than I do, on par 3s! (He chose to juice irons) Again no need to purchase top equipment, use the worthless coins.

I thought the apparel didn't work in regular tournaments, ready gos, and regular ranked rounds. If the apparel does work in those situations, I guess there is no need. But if the apparel doesn't work, then there's plenty of reason to get the top equipment. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 11:31 AM

DAZZA501:
    Erm...Titleist are already here

The thread is about high-end clubs. There are no high-end Titleist clubs. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 12:05 PM
    Robert1893:

Luckystar5:

I thought the apparel didn't work in regular tournaments, ready gos, and regular ranked rounds. If the apparel does work in those situations, I guess there is no need. But if the apparel doesn't work, then there's plenty of reason to get the top equipment. 

The apparel works in coin games, clashs, turf wars, and h2h games. Doesn't work in cc tourneys, not sure about anything else, but not alot left available to mobile players, is there?
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 12:58 PM

Luckystar5:
    The apparel works in coin games, clashs, turf wars, and h2h games. Doesn't work in cc tourneys, not sure about anything else, but not alot left available to mobile players, is there?

As I mentioned, there are regular tournaments and ready gos. By my count, there are about a dozen currently available to mobile players in each category. And that doesn't even include CTTH events, which currently lists 20 available.

I would say there are plenty left available to mobile players. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2018 6:00 PM

Robert1893:

Luckystar5:

Apparel only works for h2h coin games, club clashes, and turf wars. They are disabled for club tournaments and WGT-sanctioned tournaments

• irishowen
    265 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 8:26 AM

Mobile player lvl 99 Legend. Note today new equipment edit interface. Probs, new 'normal' default has replaced one of my wedges with wgt hybrid, a club I haven't used in over 4 years. Followed instructions and changed to 'custom' configuration capability in Settings. Still can't make any changes in edit equipment. Also, the purged wedge shows as a selection option under my sand wedge, meaning I can have one or the other but not both because I can't dump useless wgt hybrid (to me). Really pissed. Would love to play today wit my club set. Ideas, suggestions, experiences appreciated. Final: do they focus group try out these changes or is it just marketing pushing another dumb idea to try and push sales. Going to push players away with this kind tedious capture selling 😠

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2018 8:58 AM

fobby1980:
    Apparel only works for h2h coin games, club clashes, and turf wars. They are disabled for club tournaments and WGT-sanctioned tournaments

That's what I thought. But since I've never used the apparel, I didn't want to say for sure. 

Thanks for the confirmation! 

RSS